Greetings from Tonka in Minnesota

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Re: Greetings from Tonka in Minnesota

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Welcome to you and Tonka!!
We are in MN also.

There is a good thread about "mouthy pups" in the Training and Behavior section.

When I got my Lily << she was around 1 year old (from St. Paul AC through A Rotta Love Plus) and very mouthy too! Sometimes I think that's why she ended up in AC - big dog, mouthy = YIKES! But we worked on "gentle" and she got it quickly.

Best of luck to you and your Tonka. Can't wait to see some photos. ;)

ames
Newborn Bully

Postby ames » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:28 pm

Hey I ahd the same issues with arrivals with my boy, a quick fix was making sure he always had a ball nearby, whenever he would get mouthy, I pop the ball in his mouth and he would bite down on that. Tennis balls have fuzz they can rip off so I use the chuck it LARGE balls for my boy. now he is never without a ball and I love when i come home and he sees me and he gets super excited and goes searching to grab his ball before coming to greet me. Great job on taking some training classes, good luck and hope to hear about how it goes.

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:40 pm

hopefully you'll get some good advice with behavior in the training section. welcome!

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”