Hi

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
VaBeachTennis
Newborn Bully

Hi

Postby VaBeachTennis » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:56 pm

I am new to the breed and a proud owner of a 12 week old female Pitbull. She has a LOT of drive and energy and is pretty fun to be owned by! I am also the proud owner of a 2 year old male Belgian Malinois, so far it's a pretty fun combination. I'm looking forward to learning bout this breed. When I get posting privileges I will post a picture of them.

trexgorawrrrrr
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Hi

Postby trexgorawrrrrr » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:09 pm

There are a few owners with PBs and Malinois on this board. They will make you give more information about yourself before you can post though. lol If you look in the introduction section, there is a ''sample'' of an intro.

VaBeachTennis
Newborn Bully

Postby VaBeachTennis » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:56 pm

lol, thanks! I'll go read it.

VaBeachTennis
Newborn Bully

Postby VaBeachTennis » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Another try:
1. My basic stats, including location without getting too specific: MId forties, married and handsome (at least my dogs think so).
2. My history with the breed and how I got into it: I've always been a fan of the breed but my main breeds are Working Shepherds (Malinois, Dutch Shepherds, German Shepherds). My neighbor had had puppies from an accidental breeding and got overwhelmed by them. I got the puppy with the highest drive. She placed others and still has a couple that she's going to keep.
3. What I like about the breed: Their strong spirit and resilience.
4. My own dog: Belgian Malinois from KNPV lines, he's 2 years old and the LOVE playing with each other.
5. My APBT-related interests (the obedience, agility, etc., and our goals for the future): Obedience, agility, and an all around family pet who will get love, training, good food, and exercise.
6. My unrelated interests, including my other pets: My username says it all.

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:19 pm

Welcome! You Mal owners are crazy! lol I don't know how y'all do it...I sure couldn't. Hope you like it here. :)

VaBeachTennis
Newborn Bully

Postby VaBeachTennis » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:27 pm

Curly_07 wrote:Welcome! You Mal owners are crazy! lol I don't know how y'all do it...I sure couldn't. Hope you like it here. :)

LOL, thanks for the welcome! I've owned raised and trained 4 Malinois/Dutch Shepherds at the same time. These two will be a breeze! ;) This Pitbull has a LOT of drive, what great is that she has all of that drive but she's not as vocal about it as a Malinois. Nothing is safe around her! When we go for walks and we get back home she will lead my Mal around by his leash. :)

TahsSunny
Addicted to PBF

Hi

Postby TahsSunny » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:31 pm

Welcome!. I can't wait to see pics!.

Where did you get your Pitbull from?.

And you raised 4!?. Christ. Why?. Lol. Was it hard and tiring?.

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:36 pm

TahsSunny wrote:Welcome!. I can't wait to see pics!.

See #2 of his intro for where he got his pit bull from :)

I do hope they got their dogs fixed so there are no more accidental litters...

VaBeachTennis
Newborn Bully

Postby VaBeachTennis » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:43 pm

My neighbor, she was the result of an accidental breeding. After reading and doing some research, at least one side of her may come from "American Bully" or AmStaff lines as she had two Blue and White siblings, one totally Blue sibling, one mostly Black sibling with little White socks, another sibling like her (Black and White with a Blaze), and one Tan and White with green eyes.

It was a little challenging, but when you get it down to a routine, and make sure you give each dog individual attention (take them out to train) and work them in pairs, it's not so bad. Depending on the situation, I have a pretty hyper personality for an old guy, so they always were and are a compliment to my personality.

VaBeachTennis
Newborn Bully

Postby VaBeachTennis » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Curly_07 wrote:

See #2 of his intro for where he got his pit bull from :)

I do hope they got their dogs fixed so there are no more accidental litters..

Sadly, so far they haven't. The mother of my pup was young when she had them. She was and is still a pup herself. She did turn out to be a good mother. Problem 1, she lives with an intact male (who is not the father of the pups), Problem 2, I calculated that she will be going into heat around January 6th give or take. Problem 3, I see another cluster (fill in the blank) happening again, even though I am pretty much warning them about it every time we talk, which is pretty much on a daily basis.
It's all about that "Blue crap" in my opinion. I have no problem for preferences, but coming from a working dog background, I concentrate on temperament, structural soundness, and then the superficial color. Down here, there seems to be a "Blue craze" and a "Bully craze". I have no problem with the aforementioned dogs, I have a problem with people haphazardly breeding them for a buck and then seeing all of the poor Pits and now some more Malinois in the shelters because of bad temperaments, and or too good of a temperament that people realize they can't handle. Woops, sorry for the rant!

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:40 pm

Your rant is all good here. I think you will fit in just fine here :-)

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk

spammie

Postby spammie » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:23 am

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”