new pit owner

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

new pit owner

Postby StacyLee » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Hello,

I am new to this Forum. I am the proud owner of a half american pit, half alapaha blue blooded bull dog. I got her last year, and she has been a great addition to my family. I also have a bull mastiff mix, and he has loved having a friend again, after being seperated from his brother.

My question and concern is that a few months ago my ex-boyfriends dog got hooked to my little girl on her first heat. I know this is very bad for the dog as it stunt the growth. We were not sure at first if she was pregnant, but it was plan to see after a month that she was. Yesterday my son called to tell me she was giving birth. I left work early, and rushed home to be there. She had only one puppy. A little girl, sweet as can be, but I am cocerned that there was only one puppy for the whole litter.

Is this normal for a first heat? Should I be worried? She ate most of her food last night, has been drinking water and went out to pee last night too. She is also nursing the puppy and took care of the after birth and cleaned her up on her own.

She seemed fine to me, but I wanted to ask someone who knew a little more about it. I have seen puppies born in the past and usually they were very large litters.

Any help or advise would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Stacy Leach
leach_stacylee@yahoo.com
StacyLee
Newborn Bully

new pit owner

Postby johnnyv412 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:18 am

?
johnnyv412
Newborn Bully

Re: new pit owner

Postby trexgorawrrrrr » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:35 am

No sense in posting a question mark, just report the spam. That simple...

Welcome to the forum, but I am warning you right now that most members are pro rescue/adoption. Letting your dog become pregnant was irresponsible. There are millions of dogs being put to sleep due to irresponaible breeding, and pit/pit mixes make up most of the shelter systems. Only one out of every 600 ever find a home. Be responsible and fix your female and male so it doesn't happen again. Sometimes people make mistakes, but when you do nothing to correct them then you're in the wrong.

If you are worried about things you need to take her to a vet.

I hope you stick around. Once you get posting access, you can post in the general and get more info/advice from others with more experience.
trexgorawrrrrr
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:43 am

Yep, well done OP.
:po:
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby spammie » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi Stacey
Trex's post above about sums it up. This board does not support irresponsible back yard breeding, so don't expect any positive remarks about your practices. It is a great place to learn though, and if you'd like to stick around and become more knowledgeable about the breed or just dogs in general, let me know.
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions