New!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
tethys13
Newborn Bully

New!

Postby tethys13 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi,

I am new here to the forum. Just a brief intro here I am an owner of an adopted pit bull named Skid. I am always looking for more information about his breed and always welcome to any helpful suggestions regarding training of this little gentleman of mine.

redlove
Newborn Bully

Re: New!

Postby redlove » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:37 pm

Welcome :hi

This is a great place to learn about pit bulls and I am sure you will love it. Your boy is beautiful. I love the darker ones like him. Do you have any other pictures?

tethys13
Newborn Bully

Postby tethys13 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:48 pm

I do have more.

Hot summer in OHIO. haha
He is nuts as a dog can get. Really goofy and possibly mixed with Boston Terrier. He is a rescue from the Humane Society and was hit by a car (on purpose) and dragged two blocks so he has the scars to prove it.

I also have two cats and the one who is my geriatric cat is about 16 and sort of rules the roost. When we first got Skid I was afraid of food guarding as he attempted it with the cat. Luckily for me it was a two time scenario - my cat nipped that in the bud really fast. Now Skid respects the Big Cat territory. I keep them separated during the day though and wish I could add to my canine family. I live with my boyfriend and he has dog allergies but fate would have it - he has no allergy to Skid. I have thought of getting another Pitty or pit mix because they are the greatest, I just worry about him becoming dog aggressive. He can play really hard. I am trying to work with a trainer friend of mine when I can to get him to be a little less rude with his play behavior. He is only 2 as of this summer so I figure he has a little to go before some of that juvenile behavior works itself out. :)

tethys13
Newborn Bully

Postby tethys13 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:10 pm

ps. thanks for the warm welcome!!

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:27 pm

Welcome to you and Skid!! What a handsome fellow!! :inlove: Love the photo where his party hat is askew!! lol

tethys13
Newborn Bully

Postby tethys13 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:17 am

Awe thanks so much. I use his adoption date as his birthday. ;-)

spammie

Postby spammie » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:34 am

:modwelcomeonly2:

Return to “Introductions”