2 New pitbull puppies

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

2 New pitbull puppies

Postby massie777 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:18 pm

hi, Our family just adopted two brother pitbull mix puppies. Their mom was pure pit and their dad was Rottie/Lab. They are the cutest puppies ever but are a real handful. They are 9 weeks old and are black and white in color. Will get pictures of them up soon.
Our last dog was a pit bull lab mix and that is what we where looking for in our new puppies. Our dog lived to be 15 years old and passed away about 5 months ago. He was the best dog ever. We are just not used to having puppies and any advice would be great.
massie777
Newborn Bully

Re: 2 New pitbull puppies

Postby GoingPostal » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Welcome, there's some good threads on training on here. Big thing with two puppies is they need separate training, don't have them always together and a lot of times having littermates is a bad idea, some either bond too close or you have the opposite, same sex bully mixes maturing at the same time, they might end up hating each other. Are you prepared to crate/rotate and keep them apart if that happens?
GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby spammie » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:09 pm

Whew...2 nine week old pup? You've got your hands full. Can you tell us a bit about yourself? Here's a sample intro for ideas
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=64327
After you post a little about yourself, you'll have access to post. There's a lot of wisdom here and many can offer some invaluable tips.
spammie
Regulator

Postby haranka » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:21 pm

welcome :hi
haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby APBT<3er » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:03 pm

:welcome:
Can't wait to see the pictures!
APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby markpieter » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:08 am

It is very Controversy and misinformation surrounds of new pitbull puppies. However pit bulls can make excellent companions and family dogs.
markpieter
Newborn Bully

Postby rubyandstewiesmom » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:05 am

Oh wow! 2 9 week old pups? You're a better man than I am! LOL I had my hands full with both of mine...and they are 2 years apart! I'm enjoying them to pieces not having puppies to deal with anymore...our next one will most likely be a senior dog. I think it will be exciting training each one...and getting to know them as individuals....but just make sure you train and treat them as separate pups! And for goodness sakes....don't torture us...pictures! :welcome:
rubyandstewiesmom
Newborn Bully

Return to Introductions