Hello! Newbie here...

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello! Newbie here...

Postby Alaina » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:44 pm

I have been a member of the forums for a long time, but I just found my way back here. I have read many posts and feel I am ready to contribute to the board and ask questions of my own. It seems like a great group and I'm happy to be part of it now :)
Alaina
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello! Newbie here...

Postby Alaina » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Sorry... hit submit too soon! I am a mom to 2 pit bulls, both rescues. They are my babies and go everywhere with me. I am mainly here for training info. I have done alot of agility with other breeds, I have not yet done any with my 2 pits. Both of them have very rough starts to life and I'd like help in the socializing aspect. I volunteer with a couple of rescue groups in my area, but as far as pits go, I don't know any other pittie owners. They are pretty rare where I live, so when I take them places people have negative attitudes towards them. I'd like them to be a part of my everyday, busy life like I see so many of my friends with labs, collies, etc., but because they are pit bulls, it's hard to be accepted in alot of places where other dogs can go, such as the local dog park, the doggie daycare- both places do not accept pits. At Petsmart I either get the people that make a WIDE path around us, or the ones that think they can just bend down and start petting them without asking. I'd like to ask questions on how to deal with situations like that. Thanks, and I can't wait to start asking questions and giving some of my input to maybe help someone else if I can.
Alaina
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello! Newbie here...

Postby spammie » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:22 am

:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions