Hello

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello

Postby abhorredtodeath » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:20 am

Hi, ok so here is my intro. My name is Brendan, I'm 24 years old and I live in Boston. I grew up south of here and I've been living in the city about 6 years now. I just adopted my first pitbull from the local MSPCA, his name is Trevor, he's 10 months old and as far as I can tell he's a full blooded APBT. His last owner was living in a halfway house up on the north shore and was planning on breeding him with another female pit, either to sell or fight, but luckily the department of health and welfare stepped in in time. I have experience with large breed dogs, I had German Shepherds growing up but sadly my Roxie passed away last April at the ripe old age of 12.5 so Trev is my first pit.

Trevor has been adjusting to his new home fine, a few small accidents but nothing major and not in the past 4 or 5 days though so I'm hoping that's behind him. He's a super sweetheart and the biggest dope I've ever dealt with, I don't think I could have asked for a better dog. He's very well behaved, but he is still a puppy and has some issues with things like personal space (jumping especially) as well as trying to run ahead on the leash, so I've been working with him and we start obedience classes tomorrow at the MSPCA. He lives with another dog, my roommate Matt's dog Logan who is a two year old pit/lab mix and they get along really well, but there are some dominance issues there I think that will need to either be addressed or sort themselves out over time (I don't have any experience with male dogs so I don't really know what to expect, which is why I registered). There's no aggression, they just like to wrestle and clumsily jump/fall all over each other but it gets to be a bit much to handle in a not-very-huge apartment, especially since they never seem to get tired.

The Hellhounds
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l73/severxance/IMG_0287.jpg
abhorredtodeath
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello

Postby abhorredtodeath » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:21 am

Sorry -

The Hellhounds
abhorredtodeath
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello

Postby spammie » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:28 pm