might as well get started here, maybe i'll learn something..

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby MkatUmich » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:14 am

Hi everyone, i'm 33, married, living in SE Michigan. Two dogs and one fat cat. Rescued my first Pit bull while in college. Didn't really know what I was getting myself into but fortunately Cheerio had a good temeperment, even if she was a hyperactive devil. Probably never trained her as well as I should have but we got the important things down, even if she thought "come here" meant run the opposite direction. Anyways, lost Cheerio this past August to cancer. Wasn't sure when i'd be ready for a new dog but then came home one day to find my wife looking at dog rescues. Well that was it, somebody had to give these dogs homes so I might as well step up and be ready for them. Of course I went all in and got myself two Pit bulls this time. Both rescues of course. They have a million of them around here being so close to Detroit. Starry is an all black girl, 43 lbs last vet check, 2-3 years old, special needs both medicly and emotionally. She is scared of everything. Presumably she had a rough start. Gauge is a 19 month old blue nose, 63 lbs last vet check. He is stubborn and lazy and a bit of a bully. Having Gauge around has been so good for Starry though, she loves having a companion and it has helped her adjust and learn how a dog is supposed to behave. Of course she is also picking up his bad habits. Anyways, hoping to find tips on how to better train these two. Getting used to the same dog for 10 years its tough with a new dog who doesn't know the rules yet. I'll see if I can figure out how to post pics.

This one is cheerio who we lost to cancer this summer

Gauge and Starry, hard to get a good pic of Starry she is so black.

And the fat cat, i've never been much of a cat person, being allergic and all but he came with the wife.

hmm, not sure pics worked. If not i'll post again.
MkatUmich
Newborn Bully

Re: might as well get started here, maybe i'll learn somethi

Postby MkatUmich » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:20 am

Aha, think I got pics to work. here's the fat cat

Then Cheerio

And Gauge and Starry
MkatUmich
Newborn Bully

Postby MkatUmich » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:22 am

hmm, not perfected yet, looks like it cut Rascals head off. Well maybe this one will work better

MkatUmich
Newborn Bully

Postby TahsSunny » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:59 am

You're dogs are gorgeous!. And Cheerio was adorable, I love her coloring. I'm sorry you lost her :(. We've lost a dog to cancer and it's hard. I hope you can help Starry with her fear issues. I own a dog, Kelpie x who has fear issues towards people and some objects. Fearful dogs can be a lot of work but they are great dogs.
TahsSunny
Addicted to PBF

Postby spammie » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:24 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions