Glad to be here!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Glad to be here!

Postby Bambina23 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:22 pm

Hey All,
My name is Courtney and I am 22 years old living with an 8 month old Pittie named Bambina! She kind of fell into my lap and I honestly could not be happier that she did. I have always known there needed to be more than what you see in the media to these dogs and when a 9 month old male walked into the shelter I work( p/t assistant ACO) at I was blown away! he had such a zest for anything fun or anything snuggly. I cared for him for three weeks and fell absolutely in love- at the time however i was living in an apartment and could not bring him home. He was adopted out and after all isnt that what we want when we work at a shelter- as much as it bummed me out to let him go I knew he was going to the right home . So life went on and i moved out of my apartment and literally that week another pitbull was scheduled to come into the shelter....well long story short this 16 wk old rednose female never made it through the doors because she came home with me! My boyfriend who was skeptical about getting a "pitbull" fell hard for her snuggles and kisses.
About me- I have worked with livestock showing raising and milking dairy cows. My summers are full of teaching young kids about agriculture and raising animals, while i winter inside a kindergarten classroom as an assistant. and i love it.
My pup has been exposed to every part of my life including the cows and kids, she hikes with me and carries her own backpack. we are working towards our CGC and once she hits a year old we will also be going for our therapy dog certification. I have every intention of her working along side me at the farm this summer.

I look forward to sharing stories and advice with other lovers and enthusiasts of this great breed!
Bambina23
Newborn Bully

Re: Glad to be here!

Postby Azul » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:50 am

Welcome. You sound like a great owner! Your job sounds very rewarding, although it must have a lot of challenges, too. Looking forward to hearing more stories about you and Bambina (love the name by the way).
Azul
Newborn Bully

Re: Glad to be here!

Postby spammie » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:01 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions