Hello everyone!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello everyone!

Postby Bassackwards » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:37 am

New Pit Bull owner here. I'm experienced with dogs in general having had them all my life but I've joined to "talk" to other pit owners and learn as much as I can learn about these awesome dogs. I'm told that they can be a challenge for even a well-experienced owner, so I'm here to learn the do's/dont's, to find which myths are wrong, which are right. What I should be concerned about what I shouldn't be concerned about and so on. While I'm a new Pit owner, I'm not new to the breed itself. My brother is a Pit enthusiast and over the past 20+ years has had 3 of these awesome dogs. Two have since passed :( and due to a divorce situation, he had to give up his last girl. That's where I come in. I knew all of his Pits and they knew me so when he had to get rid of her, I took her in. She's sweet, loving and just amazing. She seems to be so bonded to me and my family that it's almost "telepathic" at times. I feel bad about something, surprise! there she is right beside me, my son gets upset because he cant play his playstation, boom, there she is with her head on his lap to make him feel better. I really love her!

here's Nosey with her pillow. Her name is actually Rosey, but since her nose gets into everything, she's now known as Nosey:

Bassackwards
Newborn Bully

Hello everyone!

Postby TahsSunny » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:42 am

Welcome!.

She is adorable and I love to hear when you or your son are upset, she comes and stays close to you. My mums old dog, Toga, ust to come sit next to anyone who would get upset and just watch/cuddle with them. She wouldn't move away from you, even if you were upset for 2 hours. She was a amazing dog.
TahsSunny
Addicted to PBF

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby Bassackwards » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:48 am

New to this forum, forgive me! But I should have added a few things to my original post:
Nosey was adopted from a shelter as a pup and has been raised with two other rescued pits and -believe it or not- 3 Yorkies! The fact that my brother (who's not a dog trainer), was able to keep 3 Pits and three Yorkies together with no injuries, no incidents I think bears testament that with the right training and socialization, vigilance and proper care and handling, Pits can absolutely be polar opposite of what people claim them to be.
Bassackwards
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby spammie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:59 pm

Welcome to PBF. Thanks for rescuing :thumbsup:
:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions