Hello Everyone!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello Everyone!

Postby Emma1 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Hello,
My name is Emma, I am new to the forum. I do not own a pitty yet, but will in the near future :) I currently own an American Cocker Spaniel Named Dexter (yes like the TV show).
Dexter
Emma1
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello Everyone!

Postby Emma1 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:08 am

I live in New Hampshire, My finacee and I have just bought our first home togeather. We are very excited about getting an APBT. I have worked with alot of "pitbulls" I currently work at a grooming shop, but use to work at a Doggy Daycare and Boarding Facility. We have decided to name our new lil' guy Oliver, we will be picking him up from the breeder the second week of March.
Emma1
Newborn Bully

Postby spammie » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:24 am

What has you interested in the breed? Do you have any plans for Oliver? Please read all you can on pit bull ownership
spammie
Regulator

Postby Emma1 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Hello,
I have read quite a bit and am still reading over alot of info on the forum. I have always loved just about every "bully breed" I have a few friends with pitbulls and they are such such great dogs. I have worked with them in a professional setting as well and they all have been wonderful. I grew up with Boxers and Bulldogs, and many other breeds of dogs, but the APBT just attracts me. I honestly think they are one of the best family dogs if bred and raised properly. I am going to search some more on the forums and read up some more. I would love to do agility or flyball with Oliver. I am getting my fiancee to build me a small agility course in our back yard for both the dogs. I will probably take Oliver to an obediance class or 2. I am already trying to think of everywhere I can bring him to begin socialization. His breeder has 2 children ages 4 & 6 and I have several kids in my family so he will be well socialized in that area, Also taking him out to stores, and on walks, and just about everywhere with me. I saw that alot of people aren;t thrilled with taking them to dog parks? Does this go for socialization as well? I think it would be good to have the puppy used to that kind of stimulus so he gets used to it. ( of course once all his shots are done)
Emma1
Newborn Bully

Postby spammie » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:09 am

Here's a link to the dog park thread, it's worth the read
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50274
:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions