Hello!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello!

Postby bludog » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:56 pm

Just wanted to say hi! I'm a dog lover and active in my community. I support mandatory spay and neuter for all pit bulls for the good of the breed! Looking forward to checking this place out!
bludog
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello!

Postby spammie » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Welcome. Can you tell us about yourself? Why do you support spay/neuter for all pit bulls?
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=64327
spammie
Regulator

Postby bludog » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:34 am

I support spay and neuter of all pit bulls because I care about dogs. 1 million pit bulls are euthanized every year because of the rampant overbreeding that occurs. Offering free spay and neuter and preaching spay and neuter has not worked. And the pit bull suffers most. Time for some real solutions.
-blu
bludog
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:31 pm

So you would rather the breed become extinct? There is nothing wrong with responsible and ethical breeding. We need that, just like all breeds. Why don't you preach spay/neuter for pets and dogs that aren't breeding quality, as well as preach responsible and ethical breeding practices? You will not find anyone here that supports your current mindset, as we do not want to see the breed become extinct.

Anyways, welcome and I hope you stick around to read the forum. This is a great source of knowledge as well as being a huge rescue oriented forum.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby bludog » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:45 pm

Preaching spay/neuter and responsible breeding is what has been done for the past 10+ years and the amount of pit bulls euthanized yearly has gone up! Trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity. Its time to put the breed's welfare over our own selfish ideas about what some call breed discrimination. In order to save this breed we will have to make some tough choices. To let the current rate of breeding continue will only lead to more maimings, maulings, killings, and euthanized pit bulls.
-blu
bludog
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Again, I think you should do some research. The Euth rates have actually decreased due to more pets being spay/neuter over the last decade. As for breeding, I know over the last 3 years I've shown numerous people what their breeding is doing and they have stopped and fixed their pets. If ALL of the pit bull breeds get fixed and no one breeds, the pit bull breeds will become extinct. Is that your goal? I believe education is the key, and its proven to work. Maybe it is slowly working, but its working.

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby bludog » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Is 1 million a year acceptable? Progress? Please, if you don't have a solution for overbreeding, that's fine. Just don't spew the same stuff everyone else does and pretend like its "working." It isn't. And it this attitude of yours which condemns 1 million dogs a year to die.
bludog
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:07 pm

Listen, I work in rescue, and volunteer with shelters. I know there is a problem, but I've also seen it get better. I don't believe in spay/neuter requirements for entire breeds because that will over time equal extinction. I believe in education, and am thankful to the responsible and ethical breeders that do exist. If spay/neuter laws are enacted for entire dog breeds, those breeds go away. I do not want my breed of choice to fade away and never exist. I see your passion, but you really need to look at things long term and how it effects things. I believe education is the key to most problems in the world.

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby spammie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:46 am

As I read this, I'm wondering if you're a PETA supporter.
spammie
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:10 am

spammie wrote:As I read this, I'm wondering if you're a PETA supporter.

I was thinking the same thing...

Curly_07
Regulator

Postby spammie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:28 am

Can you post an intro about yourself? Also browse around the forum to get a taste of the atmosphere here.
spammie
Regulator

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:55 am

The shelter where I'm from (Tampa) just released that in the last 10 yrs they have went from 30,000/yr Euth rate to 15,000/yr. This is due to educating the general public on spay/neuter programs and shutting down backyard breeders. Education seems to be working pretty good to me.

Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions