Hey guy's just trying to pup a better dog

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hey guy's just trying to pup a better dog

Postby Iwata_Graffiti » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:27 am

He guys love the site and look forward to learning alot here. I have a 7mo old, beautiful blue with white paws little girl. I got her when she was 6 weeks old, I was told after I got her, I should have waited till she was 8weeks old.. I'm currently not working do to a car accident, and have been socializing her with alot of people and other dogs after her last set of shots. Taking her every wear with me, I live up state NY and have a friend with 1700 akers and another with 500. She dose great off the leash even right outside my 3aker house with a main road 100ft away. One of the places I walk her is on the back road, and if a car comes I tell her to sit, catch up to her and grab her leash and have her remain sitting till the car passes. But my prob is, Within the last 2weeks their where 2 Plus sized lady's she growled and barked at. One last week and one today. Thank god the 2 lady's knew she didn't mean harm and just a big cuddle bear. One even gave her a treat. And after 15min's of us BS'ing she still looked afraid of her. With little barks a few times inbtween the 15mins we were there. She never did this B4, when I take her for walks she never wants to run after someone in there yard, unless they ask to see her and I start walking over or if they call her name and make a fuss about seeing her. But this new barking is scarring me, I don't want people to get the wrong idea about this sweethart. I did read about bringing her around BIG,Tall & Small people and dogs. But I can't even count how many dogs and people she's met in the past 7mo. And she's so good with everyone, I'm positive she's been around a few plus sized lady's B4 and never had this prob. I do rember a few mo's ago she didnt want to fallow the assent vet to get weighted, and that was a little strang. And she was a plus size lady when I think about it.. What do you guys think, and thanks for any help!

Tj
Iwata_Graffiti
Newborn Bully

Re: Hey guy's just trying to pup a better dog

Postby spammie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:45 am

Welcome to PBF. Can you tell us a bit about yourself?
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=64327
Until you're approved, I would walk her on leash. What you've described doesn't sound safe to me.
spammie
Regulator

Postby Iwata_Graffiti » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Sure... I live upstate NY, but was born in Brooklyn where the rest of my Fam is. I'm at out of work now do to a car accident a year and a half ago, I'm Epileptic and had a seizure driving to work one morning and drove my car into the side of a house, I had to be air lifted to westchester. Now I'm left with metal rods and a total 10 screws, hopefully that get taken out this may. I'm going to PT and the Gym 4 times a week, I had to learn to walk all over again. This really sux cuz my outa work play time is with dirtbikes and Sking. I was an automotive painter, b4 the crash. And airbrush for a hobby and for what ever friends want painted. But 3mo's out of the hospital my dog (Busta) passed away(a 12 year old ridge back)... :( one year after he passed my girlfriend bought me a Pup (Molly Budz) B4 I got her, I bought every Patricia B. McConnell book there is, my fav is "the puppy primer" and a few others like "pit Bulls for dummies" and a Pat miller "positive dog training". Really trying to take it to the next level, my last dog(busts) was a great dog, but would look to run out the door every chance he got. That's why I had Molly off the leash since day one. My friend with 1700akers had a pit bull that just passed away, that was never on a leash. I'm really said she just passed away from vet mistakes, ate the age of 6years old :(... She was mollys teacher/setp mother. I could tell Molly would act better after spending a full day with her. I'm just happy Molly got to spend her 7mo's with her. I'm sure No one on here wants me to walk her off the leash, but I'm taking every percussion to do this right! It's hard for me to tell you how good she's is off the leash, with out you seeing it for yourself. She always has her leash on, in case a car or someone walking/bike riding comes by, then ill have her sit, and Pic up her leash and Keep sitting till they go by. She's a great physical therapy dog, and a great friend. I'm feeding her Eagle pack, and making sure that all her treats are good for her.and look forward to learning alot here.

Tj
Iwata_Graffiti
Newborn Bully

Postby Iwata_Graffiti » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Bump for help :nana:
Iwata_Graffiti
Newborn Bully

Postby Iwata_Graffiti » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Another thing is,,, iv been feeding her Egale pack. A few times the pet shop didn't have the large breed food, so I bought a bag of Egale pack small breed. The guy at the store said it was the same but smaller kibles. But she seems to really like the small breed better. :beer: a friend of mine say he mixes wet n dry together. I looked on eagles site and they do sale it in wet cans too. Do you think mixing wet can food might help with fussy eating ?? :pray
Iwata_Graffiti
Newborn Bully

Postby Iwata_Graffiti » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:03 pm

I'm thinking about switching food, she just dosnt eat the Eagle pack !! Dose anyone use "Nutro natural choice" or "wellness" ????
Iwata_Graffiti
Newborn Bully

Postby Iwata_Graffiti » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:43 am

What about Timerwolf?? It was listed in the 1st 10 pages of "top 5 dog foods" but the last 10 pages said they need to update the list... Come on guys, I can only post in here BUT no one is replying !!!! I'm just about to give up on this forum! WTF guy's???
Iwata_Graffiti
Newborn Bully

Postby starrlamia » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:57 am

Most people don't read the intro forum, taste of the wild is one if my faves.never fed timberwolf so I can't comment.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby spammie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:40 am

:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions