Whats the best way to keep my dog in shape?

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Whats the best way to keep my dog in shape?

Postby BIGDOG » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:31 am

Hello and welcome. I have had large Akita before and the training was a bit different. What is the best way to workout my Pit without giving him all these muscle gainers and stuff like that. Will just plain running and a healthy diet do it? Thanks, I have a BLUE NOSE PIT that I found on the street 2 months ago. I previously took him to 2 shelters and since he does not have a chip they cannot find the owner. If I left him there they would euthanize him if not adopted, so I took the little guy home. They say he is about a year or two old, has a few scars and was missing some hair. Just with a little love and kindness his hair has grown back and hes gained a few pounds. I feed him 2 - 3 times a day. Just dry dog food from IAMS, mostly rice based and I ride my bike while he is on a leash. He is a great dog who was already housebroken and knows some basic commands. Yet, how can I get him to stop wanting to chase other dogs? I took him to Petsmart for a checkup but had to leave because he kept whinning at all and every dog there. Never barked, but wow!!!! this little puupy has some strength on him. Good thing I had bought a choker. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really do not have the money for private lessons or group classes. I took him to the vet because my sisters roomate was going to check him out for free. Please help with any of these questions... Thanks
BIGDOG
Newborn Bully

Re: Whats the best way to keep my dog in shape?

Postby spammie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Welcome. you have a lot of questions that can be answered on the board. You're going to have to invest some time in training. And ditch the choke chain, it can cause damage to the dog.
:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions