I found a stray Pitbull Sunday morning. Please read.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

I found a stray Pitbull Sunday morning. Please read.

Postby RockosModernLife » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:04 pm

Sunday morning, I woke up to 39 degree temperatures and rain, what I thought was a normal rainy day turned into one of the greatest days of my life. I stepped outside to walk around my house, like I do every morning, and as I'm rounding a corner, I see a Pitbull run out from under my house, and while at first I was startled, I soon came to find he is one of the most docile, content, lovable dogs I have ever met. I fed him and made him a makeshift dog house to get him out of the rain. All he was looking for was a warm place to sleep and a full belly.

There is more to the story here as I'm typing this on my iPhone, but it would mean the world to me if you could spare a few minutes to read this. Long story short, I took him to the vet and had him checked out health wise. No chip and a collar with an Oklahoma tag on it...I live oh southeast Texas. As it turns out, the collar belonged to an Australian Shepherd. Rocko, as we name him, only has two problems. Heart worms ad Entropia. We discussed options about the heart worms, but our big concern was the Entropion. Basically, the eyelid rolls backwards towards the eyes when he blinks, and over time, it will cause abrasions on his eyes making him blind.

While my girlfriend and I didn't plan on having a dog at this point in our lives, I'm a firm believer that the best dogs in the world are the ones that find you, and I breaks my heart to imagine him going blind. However, my girlfriend and I can't cover the cost of the surgery. We are 48 dollars shy of our 300 dollar goal to cover the cost of the surgery. ANY help would be more appreciated than I could ever express in words. We want to give this guy a good home, but we need to get him healthy!

https://www.wepay.com/donations/entropi ... he-pitbull
RockosModernLife
Newborn Bully

Re: I found a stray Pitbull Sunday morning. Please read.

Postby RockosModernLife » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:08 pm

I almost forgot! Meet Rocko!

http://i.imgur.com/ctsjs.jpg

...and my girlfriend!

I'd say he's comfortable here!

http://i.imgur.com/JAXnN.jpg
RockosModernLife
Newborn Bully

Postby Madeleinemom » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:54 pm

Welcome and Thank You for helping this (now very lucky) dog!

Have you thought about creating a Facebook page for Rocko, which also may help with the fundraising? Also, as a suggestion - would your veterinarian take a postdated check for the small remaining balance for the surgery (this in case you cannot raise the remaining funds quickly)?
Madeleinemom
Adolescent Bully

Postby RockosModernLife » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:20 pm

Unfortunately, for surgerys, the vet we use (the only one in town we like) takes payment in full.
RockosModernLife
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:29 pm

I would also like to thank you for taking him in! Also, for doing what you are to get him fixed up. Do you have the vets info? So that we can call them and make a payment to go towards the operation? You will find that many of us here will not add to a chip in because we just don't trust people, but we will gladly donate directly to the vets office. This way we are still helping and also verifying we aren't getting one pulled over on us. We are all about helping out here, and especially needy animals!

Welcome :) Hope you enjoy it here!

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby spammie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:12 am

Curly_07 wrote:Do you have the vets info? So that we can call them and make a payment to go towards the operation? You will find that many of us here will not add to a chip in because we just don't trust people, but we will gladly donate directly to the vets office. This way we are still helping and also verifying we aren't getting one pulled over on us. We are all about helping out here, and especially needy animals!

Many of us prefer to call the vet directly.
Can you tell us a little about yourself?
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions