New to the Forum

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Re: New to the Forum

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:23 pm

I wonder if you would be so quick to ignore the law if it was your own life at risk?

I would do nothing? What are my options? Report them to the SPCA and be responsible for them all being euthanized? No, I should do what you are doing, reward the irresponsible breeder by taking a pup off his hands.

Why do I muzzle my dog? Because I love her enough to NEVER risk her life. Clearly you put more care into your over-inflated "rebel" ego than your dogs. Its obvious that you see your pitbull pup as a status symbol.

No, I can't see ANY reason your neighbors would report you. Clearly a stand up citizen...
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Meaghan Edwards » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:30 pm

Disobeying the law = setting up your dog for fail. :(
Meaghan Edwards
Addicted to PBF

Postby pitbullgirlbc » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:47 pm

It is always nice to have new members on this board but I have to say that I don't think you are going to learn anything here. Obviously you don't want to listen to what others have to say and obviously you don't care about the fight that the members who own LEGAL pit bulls have to go through on a regular basis. Allison has fought very hard for pit bulls in Ontario who through no fault of their own have ended up in the shelter system because of people like you who try to "go against" the ban like there is no issue. It's not you who has to pay with your life, it's not you who ends up in a cold dank cell, it's not you who has to be forced to leave the province and from the sounds of things it's not you who has to fight against this ban. Instead of doing something so utterly stupid why don't you do something smart, tell the breeder to go to hell, get off your butt and actively work with a rescue to help pit bulls who are in trouble get out of Ontario and work actively to get rid of this ignorant ban not add to the who problem.

at least Allison can say she is doing what she can to help what can you say you are doing? Allison has already had to give up so much when she let Enzo leave, she had to go through the heart wrenching decision to let him be safe and out of harms way yet you are being extremely selfish and purposely putting this dog in danger. I am so sick of people who put their own needs first and the dog's needs last and one of those needs is safety and you CANNOT guarantee that this poor puppy is going to be safe, all it takes is one report and out comes AC and byebye puppy.

On another note, there is apparently no smilie to show utter disgust.....
pitbullgirlbc
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Kingsgurl » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:29 am

God, BSL sucks. It's unfair and it punishes innocent people and dogs. We all agree on that. The people who owned the parents of that dog doomed him before his birth by disobeying the laws set up. I would bet they haven't spent much time trying to overturn it, why should they? They will just sell the pups to idealistic people like yourself.
I don't wish the life you will lead with that pup on anyone. Once you live in fear of the day he dies, it becomes so hard to become cavalier about what should be ordinary life. I want to to take my dog for a walk around the block.... will today be the day someone calls him in? I'm doing obedience work in my front yard, is this the day they roll up to take my partner away, where he will wait while I try to fight insanity to save his life?
If you want to own the breed A. Move somewhere where they are legal or B. fight to overturn the law before you do. Otherwise you are playing a self serving game of russian roullette with someone who is trusting you to take care of him
Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby dalsygable » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:18 am

Hello ...
I am new to this site. I am form United States.
Very glad to be a part of here..
I have not much knowledge, but would like to obtain and share what I have.
Hope we have a great journey over here..
dalsygable
Newborn Bully

Postby KdotOdot » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:12 am

AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:I wonder if you would be so quick to ignore the law if it was your own life at risk?

I would do nothing? What are my options? Report them to the SPCA and be responsible for them all being euthanized? No, I should do what you are doing, reward the irresponsible breeder by taking a pup off his hands.

Why do I muzzle my dog? Because I love her enough to NEVER risk her life. Clearly you put more care into your over-inflated "rebel" ego than your dogs. Its obvious that you see your pitbull pup as a status symbol.

No, I can't see ANY reason your neighbors would report you. Clearly a stand up citizen...

Clearly a status symbol? Wow.

Muzzle her to protect her life? Realy? Realy? Stop being so dramatic. I'm sure even the most anal AC officer wouldn't say anything about a toothless dog not being muzzled.

All I'm reading from these boards is paranoia.

You're acting like Im proactively searching for pitbull pup. This just pup just fell out of the sky. I was offered I agreed. I like you am not going to sit around and do nothing. I'm going to raise a model citizen. Just like my rotty and just like my Russian poodles. And yes. I'll take him/her to off leash areas just like I do with my "killer" rott and poodle. A dog is a dog. I dog will do what you tell it to when it respects you. I dog will do what you tell it to do once you teach t to focus. Forget it it's a status symbol

But you're right. Status symbol.
KdotOdot
Newborn Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:36 am

I used to go to the dog park with my boxer. Bylaw would be there some days to hand out tickets for licencing infractions, off leash dogs in the wrong area, failure to scoop poop, etc. I can only imagine what would happen if they came across your dog at the dog park.

The fact that you would even CONSIDER takin a pitbull to a dog park tells me you have no business owning this breed. You DO realize that dog aggression is in inherent trait within the breed and despite your intention to raise an "ambassador" dog, can still show this behavior? You DO realize that even if your dog isn't the instigator, any scuffle it's involved in will result in him being seized? You do realize that people at a dog park WILL report you, regardless of how well behaved your dog is?

Again, I've worked WITH bylaw and AC. I muzzle my dog because I KNOW that most of them are forced to follow a law that they don't agree with. How dare you insinuate that it doesn't tear me up inside that I have to follow this asinine law. And how dare you accuse me of doing nothing. If I knew your info I would be spreading far and wide your complete disregard for your pups safety and your obvious lack of knowledge of the very dogs you imply you are such an expert with.

How exactly do you intend to compete in agility with an illegal dog?
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby BabyReba » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:21 am

you bought a dog from a BYB and you're having it delivered to you in an area where pit bulls are banned? completely irresponsible. the claim that you saved this puppy's live is completely without merit. you didn't save a puppy, you enabled a BYB to breed more dogs by putting money in his pocket and assuring him that there's more demand for his pups.

this is definitely not the right forum for you.
BabyReba
Regulator

Previous

Return to Introductions