New Member -

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New Member -

Postby kmastf@comcast.net » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:53 pm

I've finally got up to speed and found a way to post introduction. Showed English Mastiffs for a couple of decades but, with age creeping up decided to downsize. Local Humane society said this one was part Mastiff - very sick - and needed TLC. New to us -

She now has body & head like a Boxer but, is stronger, quicker, and smarter than Boxers I've owned and showed - Terrier personality - plays well with bigger dogs but is rough on smaller ones - and, is the sweetest dog I've ever known - even those gentle giant Mastiffs. Took ND place in 8 dog obedience class at a little over 2 months - 4 months younger than any other in class - mostly because she was more interested in entertaining the group - Now athletic - catching tennis balls mid air -

Holds a "SIT-STAY" until released -

And - is just totally adorable -

My question is - "Is she part (or all) Pit Bull in the opinion of the experts here? (In addition to showing Mastiffs in past, I'm a retired General & thoracic Surgeon and wife Bonnie a retired surgical nurse).
kmastf@comcast.net
Newborn Bully

Re: New Member -

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:58 pm

I don't know about her breed but she sounds like she is spectacularly lucky to have found yourself and Bonnie.

Welcome to all of you!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby kmastf@comcast.net » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Note - she took 2nd place in obedience class - was more interested in being a clown - entertainer - gets at least some obedience training daily and loves the attention it gives her.
kmastf@comcast.net
Newborn Bully

Postby Madeleinemom » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:04 pm

Welcome, and I agree that she is a most lucky dog to have found you (and I have NO clue what her breed mix might be) :)
Madeleinemom
Adolescent Bully

Postby kmastf@comcast.net » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:14 pm

AllisonPibbleLvr wrote:I don't know about her breed but she sounds like she is spectacularly lucky to have found yourself and Bonnie.

Welcome to all of you!

Thanks - I'm a retired surgoen and Bonnie a retired surgical nurse - too bad we caan't get any info about her background - she was aan anonymous drop-off in middle of the night - what people do that don't want to be questioned ususally. I think she may have been mistreated - probably because previous owners found themselves in over their heads - our advantage is our long past in dog obedience - we have more obedience titles on our Mastiffs than conformation titles - and enjoyed the obedience rings more. Handlers and dogs more sincere with less petty stuff and more cheering the competition on.

kmastf@comcast.net
Newborn Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Her snout and bottom lip look sort of Boxerish to me, but her body seems larger than a boxer...and the rest of her head is kind of rottweiler shaped.

I'm not familiar with Mastiffs but the entertaining in class sounds like a boxer (and could be pit bull as well).

Do you have concerns if she PB? Or are you just curious?

I agree that she's absolutely lucky to have found you guys, thanks for taking her in!
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby kmastf@comcast.net » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:32 pm

I note I forgot to give a "handle" - either OJ or Doc - which tag I picked up as a Battalion Surgeon for a Marine unit in Korean War - I had served in WW II before med school - and convinced them I knew guns and GI life too (as most know - Marines have their own lawyers but get their surgeons and corpsmen from the Navy) - calling me by first name didn't seem right to them but, I felt good they wanted a more familiar name - so Doc did it.

I have no concerns about possible Pit Bull blood in her - a neighbor has a couple of the sweetest Pit Bulls - and I fully support ADOA in their fight against "Breed Specific" legislation - and prejudice. I came her for consultation with Pit Bull experts - if it's even possible to identify her background - but, she will be loved here regardless of breed - just for herself - and she is irresistible
kmastf@comcast.net
Newborn Bully

Postby Madeleinemom » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Thank you for your service to our nation, Doc!

And the pictures of the 'lap dog' are adorable :)
Madeleinemom
Adolescent Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:44 pm

Doc, you need to come up to Ontario and whip our pitbull-hating politicians into shape!

Thank you for loving our breed :)
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby kmastf@comcast.net » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:29 am

Madeleinemom wrote:Thank you for your service to our nation, Doc!

Sorry - but I can't resist this - Bonnie - our sneaky nurse wife/mistress did catch us after we played ball (we pay for a membership in a private dog park - local kennel - (and give her some 6 - 8 hours in day care every two weeks for the socialization she gets playing with other dogs - and we know they are all approved personalities and vaccinated) - taking a little nap together -

by AllisonPibbleLvr » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Doc, you need to come up to Ontario and whip our pitbull-hating politicians into shape!

Thank you for loving our breed

Be glad to help - we've got our hands full fighting breed specific legislation down here also - The Peoples Republic of Denver have outlawed ownership of Pit Bulls and you can count on the press to blame every dog misbehavior - bites in particular - on "Pit Bulls". Dunno if you are acquainted with ADOA (American Dog Owners Association) - an organization actively fighting breed specific (Pit Bull blaming) legislation - worth joining.

Have great memories of Ontario - took my internship and surgical training across the river - county Hospital for Detroit - one of my colleagues still practices part time in Sarnia.
kmastf@comcast.net
Newborn Bully

Postby kmastf@comcast.net » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:31 am

Madeleinemom wrote:Thank you for your service to our nation, Doc!

Sorry - but I can't resist this - Bonnie - our sneaky nurse wife/mistress did catch us after we played ball (we pay for a membership in a private dog park - local kennel - (and give her some 6 - 8 hours in day care every two weeks for the socialization she gets playing with other dogs - and we know they are all approved personalities and vaccinated) - taking a little nap together -

by AllisonPibbleLvr » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Thank you for loving our breed

Be glad to help - we've got our hands full fighting breed specific legislation down here also - The Peoples Republic of Denver have outlawed ownership of Pit Bulls and you can count on the press to blame every dog misbehavior - bites in particular - on "Pit Bulls". Dunno if you are acquainted with ADOA (American Dog Owners Association) - an organization actively fighting breed specific (Pit Bull blaming) legislation - worth joining.

Have great memories of Ontario - took my internship and surgical training across the river - county Hospital for Detroit - one of my colleagues still practices part time in Sarnia.
kmastf@comcast.net
Newborn Bully

Postby kmastf@comcast.net » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:35 am

OOPS - Accidental duplicate - guess not wide awake yet -
kmastf@comcast.net
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:41 am

It happens... :)

I'd also like to say welcome! Glad to have you here. From one veteran to another, thank you for your service! Hope you enjoy it here.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby spammie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:08 am

:modwelcomeonly1:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions