Intro Post

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Intro Post

Postby Shearaha1 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:53 am

Well, I should get this out of the way shouldn't I?

I'm Shearaha, or Shea. I stole the name from my lovely (formerly demon) kitty. I live in Ohio, not that I like it here, but it's where I was born and I haven't wandered all that far. My boy, Will/Wilfred/Silly Willy/The Will Monster is a 2yr Rottweiler likely mixed with Pitt. He's been with us for almost 4 months now. He had a rough start of things. When he was brought into rescue someone had left him chained to a tree on a choke chain and 3ft of chain between him and the tree. He had no access to food or water and his only shelter was that tree. He was emaciated and HW+. I worked with him in rescue for about 3 months before the husband and I decided to adopt him. He's a wonderful sweet boy with us my Mother in law and our trainer, but he's fear aggressive towards strangers. All strangers male, female, young, old. We've started working with a Behavioral Vet and he's been started on anti anxiety medication. I'm just hoping that some day he'll be the happy wiggly butt that he is in our home out side of it as well.
Image Image Image Image

Hubby and I are also owned by 2 cats, that Will is just waiting for the day they decide to play with him, and a cockatiel. We live with my Mother in Law and she has 4 cats, a Border Collie, an English Setter x Border Collie, and we share a Ring Neck Dove.

Image Image Image

I'm an apprentice dog trainer, a Veterinary Technician and I work in medical research. I'm always looking for new information and am open to new ideas. Our shelters here in Ohio are full of Pitties, but most shelters won't adopt them out due to our (hopefully changing) state law that automatically defines all Pits and pit like dogs as vicious. I'm hoping to start volunteering with one of the few shelters in Ohio that do adopt out Pitties. But I have to get my boy moving in the right direction first.
Shearaha1
Newborn Bully

Re: Intro Post

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:02 am

Welcome!! Willy is so handsome and very lucky to have landed with you guys!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Re: Intro Post

Postby spammie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:26 am

:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions