New to forum..New pit owner :)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New to forum..New pit owner :)

Postby thairgrow » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:52 pm

Hello everyone!! My name is Tiffani and I am a 25 year old new pit bull mama, trying to learn the ropes...
My hubby, of eight months :), and I currently live in Atlanta, GA. We have no children yet, but we are huge animal lovers! In the past we have fostered both cats and dogs, but have settled down with our family dog, an 8 month old chihuahua named Ringo.

We recently decided to add a new member to our family, a 9 week old pit bull, name Sophie. I haven't worked with too many large breed animals, but I saw her and fell absolutely in love. I thought I understood what it meant to own this sweet baby, but after only having her for a week, I knew I definitely needed to do more research :).I want to make sure Sophie is raised in a positive, well socialized manner. After hearing a million times, "What breed is she?" and then the looks of disdain, from some, I know this will truly be a new experience.

Right now, Sophie has been vaccinated and slowly learning basic obedience. She is sitting really well, and doing pretty good with crate training. Having trouble with leash walking, but hoping that will improve quickly :). I really want to make sure she gets use to Ringo, so they can co exist peacefully. She is really in a puppy biting stage, but I have toys everywhere to stick in her mouth quickly. All in all she is a GREAT puppy, and looking forward to learning as much as possible from this forum.
thairgrow
Newborn Bully

Re: New to forum..New pit owner :)

Postby spammie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:56 pm

Welcome to PBF. Please read all you can on multi-dog homes.
:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions