We are new here

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

We are new here

Postby TheLexusProject » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:18 pm

Although we do not have any pit bulls in our home, they have been living in our hearts ever since we took on our first pit bull case with Cody.
For those of you who do not know of us, The Lexus Project (TLP) is a legal defense for dogs on death row due to being been deemed vicious or dangerous. My husband, Richard and I do this in our spare time as we both work full time jobs, have 6 retired racing greyhounds, 3 cats, kids, of our own.
We do what we can to help and we try to help as many as we can. At any given time, we have about 3-6 dogs we are defending. Our main purpose is to get them off of death row and kept alive. Some cases are longer than others and some cases will go on for a very long time. (Ace in Michigan)

We've met some great people & friends through our bully breed connections.

The reason I joined this forum is to introduce ourselves to the community we are very much a part of already and to network out in the event we have a dog we are getting released from animal control but have no where to put him/her.

There have been times we have been asked to get a dog out of a high kill shelter, a shelter that will not release a bully breed out regardless... and we will get the dog out only not to have a group to take him. When we get a dog out, we must have a group behind us or we will not be able to do what we do.

We currently have a beautiful girl named "Pretty Girl". She was in a high kill shelter, Devore CA where her days were numbered. We were able to negotiate her release with the town attorney. But, once she was pulled by a local group who told us up front, they could only pull, not keep... we were "stuck" with boarding fees at $250.00. We are a non profit and recently filed for our 501c3.

So, if there are any groups who would like to partner up with TLP for future cases, we would welcome to hear from you. You can see some of our success stories on www.thelexusproject.org and follow our active cases on Face Book page, the lexus project.

Nice to meet you all.

Robin Mittasch
The Lexus Project
Legal Defense for all Breeds
TheLexusProject
Newborn Bully

Re: We are new here

Postby julie64 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:39 pm

Nice to see you guys on here, I follow you on facebook. Thanks for everything you do and speaking up for those that can't. :)
julie64
Addicted to PBF

Re: We are new here

Postby BabyReba » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:46 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
BabyReba
Regulator

Return to Introductions