Adopted dog - Any ideas on what breed?

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Adopted dog - Any ideas on what breed?

Postby gilly123 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi all,

I have been told that my dog is a staffy, american bulldog, pitbull noone can really put a name on her , her name is bailey, i have had her just over 6 months now, i adopted her when her owners could not deal with the amount of chewing she does. Since then she has improved considerably and i have taught her all of the usual doggy tricks, sit , paw, come etc. She really has developed into a nice little dog with not one nasty streak in here. Please see photos attached :) Do you guys have any ideas?
The most recent photo

Just chilling in the sun :)

Below is the youngest picture i have of her, this was the first day i got her.
gilly123
Newborn Bully

Re: Adopted dog - Any ideas on what breed?

Postby star_frances » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:34 pm

She looks like a beautiful pit bull type dog to me! (I'm using that as a general term for the many types of dogs that are considered pit bulls, not a specific breed.) There's no way to know her breed (or mix) for sure without papers from a breeder or registry.

Welcome to the forum! Can you tell us a little more about yourself?
star_frances
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Bailey is adorabull!! Thank you for giving her a good, loving home and teaching her stuff!
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby gilly123 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:59 pm

Well my names alex, gillys a nickname , 18 :), work as a computer analyst and from the UK i guess is a quick summary about me. So she is probably just some sort of pitbull cross? If people on the street ask i say she is staffy cross english bull because of her ears and i know that people are scared of the term 'pitbull' when actually they are really nice dogs, thanks for the intro, im sure ill be commenting on other peoples dogs soon :).
gilly123
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:57 pm

Welcome Alex! Bailey is one cute pup :inlove: She looks like a Pit Bull type dog, possibly Pit Bull/American Bulldog mix, but there is no way of telling. As she matures and gets to about 1.5, you may be able to tell a lil more by her size and such...but, as someone else stated, it's impossible to really know without papers. It's all just a guessing game. I hope you enjoy it here, and I look forward to seeing pics of Bailey as she blossoms.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby spammie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:29 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions