New to the forum but hello!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New to the forum but hello!

Postby kjhawkeye1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:07 am

Hi everyone,

My wife and I recently just adopted Scarlett, our 1 1/2 brindle AmStaff/Boxer mix. We adopted her from the local rescue group here in Murray, KY. We weren't planning on adopting a dog (though I had been trying for years!) but came across LBL Rescue group and when we saw Scarlett, we knew she was meant for us. She had been flown to Kentucky from Ohio by Pilots for Paws. In Ohio she was an owner surrender and the shelter didn't have the heart to put her down - which is not only lucky for her but for us too!

We also have two cats, Max and Kinnick, and we are all getting settled into our new routines. Scarlett is attending Canine Good Citizens class and we're doing everything we can to make sure she is a happy and healthy pup. She runs with us on our jogs and gets plenty of exercise. But mainly she just wants to sleep on our laps every chance she gets.

Looking forward to learning lots from the forum and welcome advice to ensure her success as we've learned first hand about the nasty things people can say about these dogs.
kjhawkeye1
Newborn Bully

Re: New to the forum but hello!

Postby kjhawkeye1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:15 am

I forgot to say a little about myself I was so focused on Scarlett!! I'm a 31 year old male that works in college athletics. Originally from Iowa but now in Kentucky. Have lived all over the place but still call Iowa home. My family has always had pets of all sorts but dogs were their true love. My mom rescues and stitches up dog beds to support her rescue group but is not keen on the type of dog we have adopted. We are slowly trying to educate her and will hopefully show the positive side of this breed and who Scarlett really is. :)
kjhawkeye1
Newborn Bully

Postby Shutterwolf » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:56 am

Welcome to the forum! glad to hear about Scarlett and she is a very pretty girl. my mom doesnt do rescue work, but she also wasnt a fan of pit bulls untill i got my girl and showed her there not all bad.
Shutterwolf
Matured Bully

Postby spammie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:44 am

Thanks for rescuing :thumbsup:
:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions