hi. new to forum need advice

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

hi. new to forum need advice

Postby thorsperson » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:44 pm

hi, im a 28yo mommy of a 1yo pit. hes a pretty sweet dog for the most part. he thinks hes a lap dog. you could be sitting on a step stool and he will climb his 70lb butt onto your lap. hes great with the kids most of the time. sometimes he gets a little rough but i dont think he realizes that a. he isnt a human and b. that they dont want to wrestle with him.

some of our biggest issues with him is that he has torn up our kitchen floor trying to eat shadows, chewed up our door frames(again, usually over shadows), and its almost impossible to walk him without being dragged down the street. he has very few accidents in the house and he seems to have grown out of his nippy phase for the most part. oh and he will sit and beg like annoyingly while you are trying to eat or cook. im not totally sure what to do.

thor isnt my first pit but he is my first male and the only one i have had so far that i havent been able to break. my other two that i used to have i didnt have to walk with a leash or had any of the problems i do with thor.
thorsperson
Newborn Bully

Re: hi. new to forum need advice

Postby Bambina23 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:39 am

This is a Good place to start looking for help! Loads to pittie lovers with loads of experiences!! With a name like THOR it sounds like it might take ALL of those to save your kitchen floor! hahaha
Bambina23
Newborn Bully

Postby Kingsgurl » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:00 am

Welcome! The shadow chasing could be an OCD problem called Canine Stereotypy. If you google it, there is a ton of info. Do you use laser lights to play with him?
For the leash pulling, what methods have you used to teach him to walk on the leash?
Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Amie » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:40 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Amie
Regulator

Return to Introductions