Halp ! And Hey Ho !

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Halp ! And Hey Ho !

Postby Nemanja » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Hey ho people,i just want to greet all the members of the forum for now. :)

Ok,i do not know where to begin ! I got so many questions to ask!.

Before i start,sorry for my bad English,and newbie comments which will probably make you laugh or something like that.

I'm coming from Serbia,and ima great lover of ''Pitbulls'',I'm currently 17 years old,Unfortunately i never had the opportunity to buy that kind of dog,now i have the chance,but i do not want to make mistakes,because i have no expirience with Pitbulls,I tried to find some useful advice on Serbian forums,but i did not find what i need.And fortunately i found this forum,so i hope that i'll get some useful informations from experienced people.

The Pitbull that I seek should look like this :

I hope that you get the point,but the problem is the following : These Pitbulls are conducted under the name of : ''American Pitbull Terrier'',and as far as i know,There are many types of Pitbulls,''Pitbull'' is just a name for all types.

If i google : ''American Bully XXL'' i get this :

And they look same to me lol .. :aha:

''American Bully'' is mixture of ''American Staffordshire'' and ''American Pibull Terirer'',i heard that these dogs have a lot of health problems,hard breathing,deformation and so on.

And if is possible if someone could tell me more about their bloodline

But i certainly do not want this kind of ''American Bully'',He is just to small,his legs are deformated,
While XXL's legs are not.XXL - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPxFSOqA ... A1F28F0A3F

But then again if i google ''American Pitbull Terrier'' i get this guy :

And he looks totally different from other Pitbulls,in some way he looks like any ordinary dog,his ears are going down,his body shape looks different (his stance and so on..

I would appreciate if some could help me and explain me some things about Pitbulls (and Pitbull that i'm looking for)
:peace:
Nemanja
Newborn Bully

Re: Halp ! And Hey Ho !

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Welcome! :welcome: You have many questions, and I'm sure we can help you out. You will need to tell us a lil bit about yourself first(hobbies, any pets, why do you want a pit bull) to gain access to the forum.

To try and answer some of your question...pics 1 and 2 look like standard American Staffordshire Terriers, the last pic is an standard American Pit Bull Terrier, the pics inbetween are types of American Bullies. Since you are not in the United States, I'm not sure what breeds are allowed in your country. Are you familiar with your Country/state/province/county/community laws?

The term "Pit Bull" is a blanket term for many different dog breeds, and any mixes of those breeds. If you could tell us what your goals are to do with a dog, why you want a dog, and what you do not want in a dog...we can probably help you narrow it down. This is something you may want to ask in the General Section though, after you get approved to the forum.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Enigma » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Those are not APBTS, they are American Bullies (except the first two who are probably UKC APBTs). American Bullies are rare in Europe, thank god, there's absolutely no need for this breed to become popular here. The few "breeders" who imported AmBullies to Europe are selling puppies at ridiculous prices, the dogs are not health tested and serve no purpose at all other than making money for their breeders.

Why don't you look into American Staffordshire Terriers? There are quite a few great breeders in Serbia who health test and show their dogs, you will have a much better chance at getting a healthy and stable dog if you go that route. Plus if you like the dogs similar to the first two pictured, you will like AmStaffs, they are similar, but not as overdone and unhealthy as AmBullies.
Enigma
Forum Junky

Postby Nemanja » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Curly_07 wrote:Welcome! :welcome: You have many questions, and I'm sure we can help you out. You will need to tell us a lil bit about yourself first(hobbies, any pets, why do you want a pit bull) to gain access to the forum.

To try and answer some of your question...pics 1 and 2 look like standard American Staffordshire Terriers, the last pic is an standard American Pit Bull Terrier, the pics inbetween are types of American Bullies. Since you are not in the United States, I'm not sure what breeds are allowed in your country. Are you familiar with your Country/state/province/county/community laws?

The term "Pit Bull" is a blanket term for many different dog breeds, and any mixes of those breeds. If you could tell us what your goals are to do with a dog, why you want a dog, and what you do not want in a dog...we can probably help you narrow it down. This is something you may want to ask in the General Section though, after you get approved to the forum.

Ye,well,The first time i saw Pitbull was like,4-5 years ago or even more,i'm not sure,but at the time i had a German Shepherd,unfortunately someone has poisoned him,Then i had some IRL problems,i could not have any dog back then.The past few months i have been thinking a bit to buy a new dog,and since Pitbull (Or should i say Bully) is my favourite dog,i decided to search a little around the forums,as i mentioned before,my knowledge of Pits is equal to 0.Why Pitbull ? Their physical appearance is ABSOULTELY AMAZING ! Pit head looks badass,muscular/wide body,they look confidently ! and many many other reasons why i adore Pits.I simply find my self in Pits.I never supported Pitbull fights,nor i ever will,Soon if i get one,i just want to spend my time with him/.

Well,i'm currently participating kick-boxing,in my free time i go to the gym,hanging out with my friends,and my main wish is to apply in Serbian Gandarmerie....i hope that this is enough :P

So,the real APBT looks exactly like the guy on the last picture ? There is no APBT like Bullys or American Staffordshire Terrier ? (First picture)

This is how i see AST :

There is a lot of in common with Bullies,but his ears are somehow connected,not that much muscilar as Pit,and so on.

This AST looks like Bully to me :

More infos please :P
Nemanja
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:20 pm

maybe this will help you. It's a thread we had a while back on the differences of the "Pit Bull" breeds, and their registries.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=114012&hilit=APBT%2FAST
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby MissKitty » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:17 pm

Nemanja wrote:Why Pitbull ? Their physical appearance is ABSOULTELY AMAZING ! Pit head looks badass,muscular/wide body,they look confidently ! and many many other reasons why i adore Pits.

What are your other reasons for wanting a Pit Bull/bully breed? All of the things you listed are purely aesthetic/visual. The appearance of a dog should be one of the last things on your list.
Are you prepared to deal with BSL (breed specific legislation)? Dog aggression? Prey drive? Go through and pay for a huge amount of training to ensure that your dog will be an ambassador for the breed?
The last thing the breed needs is someone getting a dog because they 'look badass'.

I hope you stick around, this forum is very knowledgeable and you will learn a lot!
MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Keira&Phoenix » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:38 pm

:goodpost:

Unfortunately because they look bad ass isn't really a great reason. You need to actually like the temperament and behavioral traits of the breed as well.

Maybe do some research into the breeds history, what its temperament is like, what sort of exercise and other requirements the breed has before you actually start seeking breeders, also try to get out and meet some in person.

They are a beautiful dog (inside and out) but they take a dedicated owner.
Keira&Phoenix
Adolescent Bully

Postby Nemanja » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:28 am

Keira&Phoenix wrote::goodpost:

Unfortunately because they look bad ass isn't really a great reason. You need to actually like the temperament and behavioral traits of the breed as well.

Maybe do some research into the breeds history, what its temperament is like, what sort of exercise and other requirements the breed has before you actually start seeking breeders, also try to get out and meet some in person.

They are a beautiful dog (inside and out) but they take a dedicated owner.

I read many articles about their history,temperament,behavior towards to other dogs/humans and so on.As you said ''They are beautiful dog (inside and out) but they take a dedicated owner'' exactly,if you treat them badly,and teach them to behave aggressively,they will.I'm not such a person,and yes,physical appearance OF ANY DOG is important to me,I would never buy pudle,and i said that i have the chance to buy Pit,this is not the final decision.After some researches i found something intresting,Unofortunately Pits are forbidden in my chocolate country,because our law has nothing to do with the logic of common sense,I even thought to buy AST instead of Pit after this,but my friend offered me Dogo Argentino,''I'm still at the stage of thinking'' :bowdown:

It is cetain that i will buy one of these dogs,but still not sure which one.Pit has the least chance cuz of the law,I'm not sure about AST or AD,I prefer AD. :po:
Nemanja
Newborn Bully

Postby MissKitty » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Nemanja wrote:I read many articles about their history,temperament,behavior towards to other dogs/humans and so on.As you said ''They are beautiful dog (inside and out) but they take a dedicated owner'' exactly,if you treat them badly,and teach them to behave aggressively,they will.

I would say you need to research some more.
There are a huge amount of variables that lead to 'aggressive' behavior (I say aggressive with quotes because ideas on what exactly aggression is varies from person to person). It is a myth that treating a Pit Bull (or any other breed for that matter) kindly will lead to a non-aggressive dog. A lot of what creates a dog is genetics (especially bad genetics if you buy from a poor breeder who is breeding solely for looks) and you can end up with an unstable dog regardless of how you treat them.

Nemanja wrote:After some researches i found something intresting,Unofortunately Pits are forbidden in my chocolate country,because our law has nothing to do with the logic of common sense,I even thought to buy AST instead of Pit after this,but my friend offered me Dogo Argentino,''I'm still at the stage of thinking'' :bowdown:

It is cetain that i will buy one of these dogs,but still not sure which one.Pit has the least chance cuz of the law,I'm not sure about AST or AD,I prefer AD. :po:

If Pit Bulls are banned on your country (and check the laws very carefully and make sure they don't have a blanket ban on AST/APBT/ST etc.) the MOST irresponsible thing you could do would be to buy a Pit Bull.
What characteristics are you looking for in a dog? What is your living situation like? What amount of training are you willing to put into a dog?
It is very important that you are truthful to yourself on exactly what you are capable of handling because you are looking at two vastly different breeds. The Dogo Argentino and AST are very different, you should be able to say what you like/dislike about both of the breeds tendencies before you even thing about buying one.
MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Amie » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Great discussion guys, let's bring it down to the main forums!
:modwelcomeonly2:
Amie
Regulator

Return to Introductions