Hello from AZ

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Leslie H

Re: Hello from AZ

Postby Leslie H » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:58 pm

It sounds like you're trying to be a more responsible owner. But if I'm understanding you, as far as you knew, this poor dog had been sent to the pound, where he could have been put to sleep, or wound up anywhere. And you let it happen. So, from my perspective, it makes you sound like a terrible owner.
So, if the dogs can't get along, your wife's dog gets shipped out. Have you given any thought to crate and rotate? Where you keep the dog's seperated?

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:00 pm

I'm a dogs are for life person so I can understand the last response- but here you are now so I too suggest management/crate and rotate etc.

See
http://www.badrap.org/node/96

and other good stuff here http://www.badrap.org/training-resources

Curly_07

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:31 am

bodybagged wrote:
Leslie H wrote:It sounds like you're trying to be a more responsible owner. But if I'm understanding you, as far as you knew, this poor dog had been sent to the pound, where he could have been put to sleep, or wound up anywhere. And you let it happen. So, from my perspective, it makes you sound like a terrible owner.
So, if the dogs can't get along, your wife's dog gets shipped out. Have you given any thought to crate and rotate? Where you keep the dog's seperated?

ok let me get this straight, i am a horrible pet owner to accept the thought of him going to the pound when there was nothing i could do at the time. yet you say i should get rid of the other dog if they cant get along? where the same situation could happen.

if i missed this at the beginning sorry but the rot/lab was abused locked in a crate outside with a shock collar there for there is nothing we can do to get him near a crate he freezes up.

She didn't say get rid of the other dog because they can't get along. She was just reiterating what you said...that if they didn't get along, you'd get rid of the other dog.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk

GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby GoingPostal » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:56 am

You don't have to actually crate a dog to keep them separated. One dog in a bedroom. One dog behind a baby gate. One dog outside on a secure chain spot or in a kennel. Different floors of the house. I can keep all three of my dogs apart if need be without putting any in a crate. Nobody on here wants you to dump either dog.

AllisonPitbullLvr

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:57 pm

Nice.

haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby haranka » Thu May 03, 2012 11:37 am

welcome james

Return to “Introductions”