Hello from Boston

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Boston

Postby julienailahnandi » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Hi Everyone, I'm adopting a pit bull mix tomorrow and came across this forum. We're adopting from a rescue that took in a pregnant pit from a kill shelter (yay rescue!) so I just knew that we would take one of the puppies. The rescue's vet thinks the puppies are crossed with lab. Either way, I hoping to be on my way toward responsible pit ownership. These past few weeks of waiting for Kissy to be ready to come home to us, I've excited shared about the new puppy. I get such mixed reactions from people. Some just think its great that we're finally ready to get another dog ( we used to have two dogs and one, Lambchop, passed away. Max, our other dog, just seems lonely without a bud!). But others automatically wrinkle their noses or have some choice words to say about pits. So I've been searching online for support and advice!

Glad to find this site! We're already signed up for basic obedience classes - same as we did with Max when we got him from the shelter. Anything else anyone did when they adopted a pit puppy that they're super glad they did? Or anything anyone WISHED they did?

:hug:
Thanks!
Julie and the family!
julienailahnandi
Newborn Bully

Hello from Boston

Postby Stormi » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Might want to research the breed legislation in your area. I know the Boston area has a lot of restrictive laws (mandatory muzzling and the like) regarding the ownership of pit bull type dogs.
Stormi
Addicted to PBF

Re: Hello from Boston

Postby Ilovethepits » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Kissy is a very cute name. I hope there isn't BSL. You'd think the rescue wouldn't adopt them out into a BSL area!
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Re: Hello from Boston

Postby Leslie H » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:56 pm

Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions