Kassy and Kenai from WI

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Kassy and Kenai from WI

Postby elderwolf » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Hello, my name is Kassy. I have come from a family of very non open minded people, but my love for dogs started as I volunteered at the local shelter each summer after school was out. I used to train the "problem" dogs, as they put it. I am 20 now, and I have a pitbull who's name is Kenai (pronounced Keen-eye) along with two other dogs, a chihuahua/pug mix, and an Australian Shepherd.

Kenai was a rescue, he was a puppy and at the time I thought I was volunteering to foster for a legitimate rescue organization. I was told that the rescue would pay for his food and vet care while being fostered. Kenai was taken from a breeder's home in which he spent most of his time in a wire bottomed cage and had little contact with the parents. Him and two of his sisters were the only survivors. Once in the rescue at 3 months old, Kenai was given ALL the de-worming stuff along with vaccines. It was way too much for him and I took him home the day he got a second dose of dewormer from the "rescue". Over the next 7 days, he was getting sick, puking, having diarrhea all the time, but no longer eating or drinking. I was at the point that on day 5 I was calling vet clinics to see what the cost was for euthanasia. The rescue was avoiding my calls and when I did get a hold of them, they said they needed the money for the owner's nephew who was "in the hospital". I was not prepared to pay for it myself as I am on SSI. Two days later, on the seventh day, he started eating again... turkey lunch meat. We had tried before but it was a miracle that his tiny frame of bones tightly wrapped with skin could mouth down turkey. But it was such a relief. We still have him now, and he is going on 2 years old.

I mainly wanted to join this forum because I have a friend that is going to school to be a vet, and we usually go back and forth about things that we learned about dogs or quirky things about pitties. So I figured this would be a good place to start when I need a little background info. :)
elderwolf
Newborn Bully

Re: Kassy and Kenai from WI

Postby haranka » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:51 am

welcome 8)
haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Kassy and Kenai from WI

Postby Leslie H » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:33 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Welcome to you and your pups.
Leslie H