New proud Pit Bull owner right here!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New proud Pit Bull owner right here!

Postby YoungWinsk » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Hey there everyone,

I'm new to the board and thought i'd introduce myself. My name is Steve. I am 21 years old, currently attending a community college and working, and I just adopted an 8 month old Female Pit Bull yesterday!

I'm attracted to the breed because of the high energy that they have and I think they are fantastic dogs when trained right. I actually think they are the best all around. Loyal, smart, strong, athletic, and playful.

I'm proud to say that I made my decision on Sierra yesterday. I just couldn't resist her. I spent a couple hours with her at the Shelter, walking her and I took her into a fenced in area and we played a little bit. She really is a sweetheart. She was in a home previously but the family couldn't pay $500 dollars a year to Wisconsin that it costs for someone to own a Pit Bull there apparently...?

Anyways, she is my first Pit Bull, and my family has had dogs before but none like a Pit Bull. I have done my research and put a lot of thought and time and reading into what it takes to own one. I know it will be hard work, but also know that the reward far outweighs that. I want to show that Pit Bulls really are great dogs and people should have no reason to fear them more than any other dog.

Here is a picture of my new baby, Sierra :)

Isn't she BEAUTIFUL?!

She is already housebroken seemingly, and I can't take her home until around the 30th due to the fact that she was just in a heat and needs to get spayed still.

I would also like to ask for recommendations as far as how to introduce her to my house. I saw a sticky in one of the other sub sections speaking about the two week method. But she is a puppy and needs socialization crucially at this point as you guys know. I do however want to make things easy for her, yet establish myself as the leader of the pack. She already was warming up to me yesterday, wagging her tail at the sight of me, and she looked me right in the eyes a lot of times before I left. I'm really interested to see what you guys would suggest.

Lastly, I want you guys to know that while I am a very busy person, my advantage lies in the fact that I deliver furniture and I can take my puppy with me. I just want to know when the right time to start doing that is! I plan on walking her or running with her before and after work routinely to make sure she gets her exercise and energy out!

Thanks a lot!!

Steve
YoungWinsk
Newborn Bully

Re: New proud Pit Bull owner right here!

Postby Leslie H » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:24 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Welcome to you and your pup.
While socialization is vital, the critical period ends at 16 weeks. So, since she's much older (2 week shut down isn't for little pups), the 2 week shutdown will only be good for her.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions