great video that is posted a million times!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby K9Siren » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:51 pm

Siren, I agree with you on the thing about children and how there are the similarities to the way the abused animals act. As far as the baby girls in China went, that reminded me of a story I read written by a woman who was a nurse in China and left to the US. She was helping with a birth of a family and the woman had been caught by authorities. The woman had too many babies and was pregnant again. The nurse helped birth the baby and, it was a girl. When the doctor saw it, he ordered the nurse to kill the baby and put her in the dumpster. Of course, the nurse refused to do this and, she had to sit there and watch what transpired. It was a heartbreaking story. I am a huge advocate for children that are abused and, helping children who are abused, neglected etc. I'm also a big advocate for animals. That's one reason why I volunteer with rescues and, I'm about to be a Big Sister with Big Brothers, Big Sisters and participate in the Community and Education programs where I'll be taking a kid to the park, museum and, helping kids in school too.
K9Siren

Postby PitBullPride » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:55 pm

K9Siren wrote:I saw two very small warnings under the actual video. There should be a warning before the video starts like the other one. A lot of people post videos that are advocates against animal and children abuse on many forums just like this one. People who may not handle those images well do see them and, most people don't bother reading what is below or, any commentary. They will just watch it. Just my 0.02

Ok MY BAD people!
PitBullPride

Postby Siren » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:19 pm

K9Siren>LOVE the name and the avatar! Can I use the avatar on another board? :)

Also, I am with you. I also support groups that work for children and animals. I volunteer at my local animal shelter and donate household items, cloths, toys, videos, dvds, etc to the local women's shelter often.

You might want to check out this non-profit group: http://www.americanhumane.org/site/PageServer They work for animals AND children. Few groups work for both humans and animals. They are the same group who monitor movies for abuse on animals. GREAT organization.
Siren
Addicted to PBF

Postby K9Siren » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:27 pm

I think we're about to take over the thread. I'll PM you about my avatar because, I didn't make it a friend made it for me.
K9Siren

Postby pblove » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:29 am

I have not seen the videos as I cannot handle it anymore. I have seen too many sad and terrible things in my rescue life. I started doing animal rescue about 25 years ago.
I did see a video without a warning last year and it was traumatizing to me, they have to have warnings posted at all time! I went inot a serious depression and was very angry afterwards that there was not warning posted on that video.
You never know what someone is going through or been through and seeing violence HAS to be an option.
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby Boo439 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:57 pm

I understand how you feel pb. After working at the HS, I went into a depression and I still have nightmares to this day about what went on there. I had considered therapy, but found that if I avoid videos, pics, etc. I pretty much have less of a chance of having those nightmares. After seeing the second video, the part with the cat made me throw up. If I had known that was there, I would never have clicked it. I know there are warnings there, but some people can handle certain things better than others. I didn't watch any further than that part, and I won't be watching any other videos like it. There are sickos everywhere and what those videos show is only a small percent of what happens to animals every day. It's sad. :(
Boo439

Postby Jp » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:47 pm

Boo439, I also stopped watching during the cat scene. It started to make me feel sick. I know this happens all the time, and what pisses me right off is nothing is seriously done to the people who do this kinda stuff to animals :po: . I've had the video stuck in my head about the pitbulls since I watched it back in November, and I still find myself crying about it.
I am happy people have the guts to put this stuff together and show the public, because so many people can be so ignorant, and basically think "out of sight, out of mind". I may not watch the video, but it is never out of my mind. :sad:
Jp
Bully Ambassador

Postby pitbullforever » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:34 pm

it is a great video everyone should watch it.
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby peachypadgett » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:19 pm

well here I am crying my eyes out.....

I know not the words to truely express what I am now feeling but I guess I'll try anyways cause if I don't say anything I'm liable to explode...

That Vidoe struck in me SO many emotions! sadness for those that suffered, anger at the ignorant cruel humans proliforcating pain in the name of "sport", shame in knowing this is real and it is happing now.

Happiness towards the end to see the dogs that got a better life, yet sadness and anger again cause so many don't get that life, and it's not just because of the cruel people but it's also because of the ignorant people out there who want to slap a "quick fix" on this HORRIBLE aspect of our socitey, thier "fix" is to ban or limit peoples abitily to own these wonderfull dogs. yet this "fix" makes it worse cause any human cruel enough to do such inhumane things to a living creature is NOT going to give a crap about any law imposed apon them by propaganda driven politicians!
(all these laws to is make good people LESS likely to own a pit, while bad people just go on with "buisness as usuall....)

I was also VERY overwhelmed by the video because somewhere there is a beutifull Pitbull by the name of Petey (My beloved american staff. missing since 2003).... and I can only PRAY and HOPE that he has not become the object of someone elses sick idea of fun.... My only comfort is to think that someone, like anyone of you in here, scooped him up, loves him dearly and is spoiling him rotten!

P.s I also feel compeled to say that many people have watched movies or see photos from the Holocast and have had feelings of sadness, disgust and mabe even shame at knowing our own are capable of such atrocities. I too feel such emotions when seeing Holocast footage. Yet I can take some comfort (little as it may be) in knowing that the Holocast is over, It was awfull but at least it's in the past (hopefully to NEVER happen again). The Jewish people do not have to endure that horrible treatment today. But it's harder watching that video cause that tiny amount of comfort is gone.... If only I could have said to myself, It's not so bad now, thats just a piece from the PAST.....

So now it's up to us, to make such footage a thing of the past,
cause I would much rather look at it as a shamefull piece of human history, than watch it knowing this is the current reality

personally knowing this is the reality of our time here and now,
that was truely the hardest part to stomach......
peachypadgett

Postby GreddysAngel » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:26 pm

where did the deviant art video go, it says that its being moved...because a policy was violated or something like that?!?
GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

Postby peachypadgett » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:50 pm

I clicked on a link on the same page that said it was being moved. after he talkes about how it has to be moved he says there's a temporay link to it so you can still watch it but I guess thats not going to be it's permanent home or something. anyways look for the blue words (link) thats how I found it.
peachypadgett

Postby Wednesday » Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:02 pm

Here is another link to the same video, only it is bigger and easier to see.
http://www.apbtconformation.com/pitbull_content.html

I can only get to the beginning of that video. As soon as they start showing some of the graphic stuff, I have to turn it off because I feel like I am going to throw up.
Wednesday
Bully Ambassador

Postby peachypadgett » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:54 pm

the images make me sick too, but the WORDS are so true....

The message is VERY powerful
peachypadgett

Postby melkissa » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:22 pm

BUMP
melkissa

Postby K9Siren » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:48 pm

BUMP BUMP BUMP :yipee:
K9Siren

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions