new to pitbulls with a question

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby bubbaisaboerboel » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi guys my tame is tobey i live in il. have had south african boerboels and neos since i was five im now 35 last month when i came out for work there was a little (not a puppy) but still young i would guess 6 months old female pitbull we have contacted everyone no one has claimed her and my kids love her and now call her diamond she is white with black spots my question is this she has a line on hwr stomach from her bellybutton down to her lady parts that kind of looks like a scar i know i have to take her to the vet but i was wanting to get on one of these boards to learn more about the breed if anyone could tell me anything about the line is it a spay line or what?i will post pics as soon as i figure it out thanks.
bubbaisaboerboel
BANNED

Re: new to pitbulls with a question

Postby starrlamia » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Welcome to the board! In regards to the scar your guess is better than ours as we can't see it, a vet visit is definitely your best choice.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:04 pm

Sounds like a spay scar, our foster's scar was as big as this one sounds.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby bubbaisaboerboel » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:53 pm

im not sure if this will go in the right place but thank you for the reply i was just curious if any other pitbull owners had noticed the same line on any pups because it does not really look like or feel like a scar just a straight line and on my larger dogs the spay line is around 3 inches this line is about 10 or 11.
bubbaisaboerboel
BANNED

Postby jamielvsaustin » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:36 am

Oh wow, that sounds MUCH bigger. I'd just ask the vet when you bring her in. Maybe she had a major surgery...maybe she hurt herself somehow. If it was an actual incision, versus cutting herself on something the vet will probably be able to determine that...if it is an incision though, there's probably no way to know why or what it was for unless more tests are done.

Our resident dog Bailey had a very tiny spay incision, but her's was done at a regular vet's office. Our foster was done at the local shelter, and her incision was (seemingly to me) much bigger. I just figured at the vet, they had my dog's history and could be more discrete, where as at the shelter, they're doing so many of those a day, they open them up so they can see absolutely everything they need to see while doing the spay.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Leslie H » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:53 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Welcome to PBF
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions