Hi and Intro

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi and Intro

Postby lauraeast » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi there everyone! I found you all on a google search- I am in Virginia. I'm a total newbe on pit bull breeds besides the internet researching. The last dog we had was a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. We lost my dog in February to liver disease. It was very difficult to say the least. Well, things have been really quiet around here until last Friday my husband saw a post on craigslist for 3 pit bull puppies in need of good home. We went to look at them and could not leave them, they needed help- 9 weeks old 2 boys and a girl. They are sweet as can be and are adapting well. They just got de wormed and their energy level way better now. I am here to learn how to be the best I can be with these dogs- I worry about what people will think when they find out they are pit bulls and I hope that I can keep them together, I worry about that too.

Thanks for reading- looking forward to getting to know all you seasoned pit bull dog lovers! Thanks so much!
Laura
lauraeast
Newborn Bully

Re: Hi and Intro

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Welcome! I'm in NoVA... you will have your hands full! Most litter mates will not get along. As they mature, dog aggression is very common in the breed, even more so with litter mates and same sex pairs. If you are dedicated to the possibility that you may have to crate rotate the rest of their lives, then you will be ok, but if not, you may want to look at treating this a a foster situation. Get them vetted, fixed, etc. Once you are approved, start a thread in training about your situation.

I wish you the best!

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby lauraeast » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:39 am

Hi Culey,
Thank you for your response! The 3 that I rescued are 9 weeks old from the same litter. I will post in the training section. now I am really worried!
Laura
lauraeast
Newborn Bully

Postby lauraeast » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:54 am

a little more about me- I am married with a daughter who is 10 years old. I love gardening and we grow our own veggies. I teach Yoga and Pilates at my local hospital.we love the county- fresh air and the outdoors. I have a big heart for animals- always wanted to be a vet but couldn't stomach the tough parts- i.e. blood and surgery! About our rescue pups- the are adorable! I am trying to put up some pics so you all can see... their personalities are great. The bigest boy is named gentle Ben,(he is the most mellow) Abby is the spunky female(beautiful, strong and brave) and Winston(smart bouncey boy!) is the other boy we couldn't leave behind. What impressed me most about these puppies is how affectionate they are! They love human interaction and snuggle so sweetly! My family is having a hard time right now with the fact that when they get older they could really become aggressive towards each other- they are so tightly bonded right now! Their play is a little crazy though- I'm not sure if I should allow them to to play so ruff! I have trying to direct them with other toys and chewy treats.Well, enough about me-looking forward to meeting you all! I have been reading like crazy about this breed-I just want to do the right thing for these pups- they are so sweet!
PS how do I send pics through this?
I'm trying!
/Users/lauraeast/Desktop/IMG_1664.JPG
lauraeast
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:17 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions