Greetings!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Greetings!

Postby ahuff04 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Hello all:
In February of this year, we adopted a 1.5 year old pit bull/american bull dog mix from the local pit bull group. Her name was Precious (ew) but we renamed her Alta. We already had a dog at home, a 3 year old pug, which is basically the polar opposite of a pit bull. We decided to join the forum to ask questions, seek advice, and share stories.

ahuff04
Newborn Bully

Re: Greetings!

Postby Leslie H » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi. Could you tell us a little more about yourself, so you can be given access? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby ahuff04 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:19 pm

My name is Annie, and I'm 26 years old. My boyfriend and I recently moved from Southern California to Utah.

I was introduced to pit bulls right out of college. I worked for the Humane Society of Indianapolis and immediately fell in love with the breed. Several of my co-workers owned them, and they were often the goofiest and sweetest dogs to walk in the door.

My current (and first) pit bull is 1.5 years old and is named Alta. We adopted her from the local pit crew group in early February. Since she's been with us, she has already completed her Canine Good Citizens test, advanced training class, and is currently enrolled in an advanced recall class. My long-term goal would be to turn her into a certified therapy dog. I work for a hospital and would love to do volunteer work with her. My boyfriend and I decided to adopt Alta because we wanted a dog that enjoyed doing the outdoor activities with us, and who could accompany him on backcountry skiing trips.

Animals are my passion. In addition to Alta, I own two other rescued pets, a pug (Beefy) and a himalayan cat (Vienna). Outside of animals, I enjoy food (especially baking), camping, rock climbing, and movies.

Relaxing at the park
Snuggle time
ahuff04
Newborn Bully

Postby spammie » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:29 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions