Hello, new to forum

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello, new to forum

Postby erinago06 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Hello,

My name is Erin and I am 22 years old and from Revere, MA. I currently work as a dog groomer in Marblehead, MA and previously worked for a overnight boarding and doggie daycare, and rescue facility for 4 years. I completed dog grooming school about 6 months ago, and am still not used to being the bad guy with all the pups!

I have 2 Pitbulls. Sookie is a 2 year old female who I rescued from Peace for Pits out of Portland Maine. She was born in South Carolina and I have had her since she was 9 weeks old. She is outgoing, very lovable, sometimes well behaved but very trainable. Shamus is a male and is 3 years old. He was one of my first rescue calls ( through Revere Animal control ) that I was able to go on. When I saw him, I took him home, moved to a Pitbull friendly apartment building, and he's been with me ever since.

Both my dogs go to a local doggie daycare, and do regular training to keep them on there toes. They are not perfect, and each have issues we are working on. They are the highlight of my days, sleep in my bed, and are members of my family.

This year I worked with local rescues and concerned residents to stop Malden MA from passing a muzzle law for residents. I next to every meeting, sent emails to every coucsil person, created a petition, and even met the mayor to discuss why BSL does not work. The council eventually passed the law, and the mayor denied it! I no longer do any rescue since I left my previous job, But truly miss being able to help more hands on.

Although I read the directions, and tried picture trail, I am unable to figure out how to upload pictures right now. I have never used a forum before, so I am trying to figure it out!
erinago06
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello, new to forum

Postby erinago06 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi, this is probaly a silly question, but is there somewhere to check on replys I get on posts? Like a notification? I just dont want to miss any replys because I can't find them. Promise to get more forum savy.. Eventually.

Thanks!
erinago06
Newborn Bully

Hello, new to forum

Postby nsbullylover » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Welcome to PBF Erin :-)

You usually get notification of replies via email, but if I remember correctly you have to select that option in your user profile.
nsbullylover
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Welcome! Would like to see some pics of your kidos :)

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby erinago06 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Figured it out! Meet Shamus and Sookie :)
erinago06
Newborn Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:53 am

Gorgeous pups! Simply stunning!
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby Amie » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:54 pm

erinago06 wrote:Hi, this is probaly a silly question, but is there somewhere to check on replys I get on posts? Like a notification? I just dont want to miss any replys because I can't find them. Promise to get more forum savy.. Eventually.

Thanks!

Down at the bottom of the page you'll see the words "Subscribe to topic" - click on that, and it will send you a message to your e-mail that notifies you when someone replies to the topic. Be sure the forum isn't marked as Spam so you get the messages!
Amie
Regulator

Postby Leslie H » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:31 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Welcome from nearby CT. Thanks for your activism.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions