I'm Erin! Can you tell me what kind of dog I have?

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby erdavis » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:44 pm

I'm Erin, I live in Florida and am 17.

On craigslist I saw an add for a $30 pure colby bloodline 9 week pit pup without shots.
Not ready to get a puppy but just being bored and wanting to play with a puppy, my friend and I met the man at CVS.

When we got there, the puppy was running around the mans car. He looked VERY young, younger than 9 weeks but he wasn't scared of me. He had fleas everywhere, scabs, and dirty ears. Feeling bad for the pup, I brought him home with me with no questions asked. I just wanted to save this boy. His name is now Cooper :)
I cannot tell you how many fleas were on him, lots of scabs probably from fleas. Had tapeworm and staff infection on his belly. Nursed him back to health and he is now completely healthy and up to date on shots. The vet said that he was currently probably 8 weeks, meaning I got him around 7. This would now make him 10 weeks.
He sleeps a lot it seems but when he's active, he is ACTIVE! He is now 11 pounds, was 6.5 when i got him 3 and a half weeks ago. He is the smartest puppy I know and I absolutely love him but am curious as to what type of dog. I know he has some pit in him but don't believe he's pure. Can you help me out?
Long legs and small paws are what I notice the most.

erdavis
Newborn Bully

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Without papers, you'll never know. He looks like a "Pitbull" to me.
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Re: I'm Erin! Can you tell me what kind of dog I have?

Postby Ilovethepits » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:46 pm

WELCOME TO YOU Erin & Cooper. He is so cute :inlove: !! What a lucky boy that he found you and you've taken such good care of him. If I saw him on the street I'd call him a pit bull dog also. I hope you don't live in Miami-Dade County.

Also since you got Cooper so young you might want to read about socializing him with other dogs, because those couple weeks between 6-8 weeks are a critical period when dogs learn how to play, etc. properly. Maybe you can find a good, POSITIVE puppy class to take him to.
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby erdavis » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:54 pm

Nope I live in Gainesville, pit bulls are definitely allowed here and most vets even neuter/spay them for free in order to stop reproducing and ending up getting euthanized in shelters.
Until he has all his shots I don't want to take the risk of going to a park or puppy class. However he loves TRYING to play with my 2 other dogs(they're a little older and don't like to play anymore). He also plays with all my friends' dogs. And I tell all my friends to pull on his ears/tail/pinch him so that he is used to little kids playing on him.
I'm glad I found him and I know he's glad too :)
erdavis
Newborn Bully

Postby jomama12341 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:18 pm

Well first off Cooper is a Beautifull puppy.Second welcome to the forum.
It looks like a blackmothed cur that has a lot of pitbull in him. Think old yeller meets a pitbull.
More and more hunting cur dogs are being crossed with pitbulls to strengthen thier jaws. Heck I have a Bull Catahoula named Bella. I look forward to seeing more photos and learning abouth Coopers behavioral traits as he grows up.
jomama12341
Newborn Bully

Postby spammie » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Welcome to PBF. Please read all you can here and ask questions when they arise.
:modwelcomeonly2:
spammie
Regulator

Return to Introductions