Hello from Florida

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Florida

Postby karenbrugge » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:27 am

Hi. I have a 4 year old American Staffordshire named Axl and we recently (two days ago) rescued a two month old bull terrier puppy. The rescue shelter just had "pit bull" on her paperwork. We think she might be an APB. As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures of both I will.

We bought Axl from a neighbor who owned his mother and father. Prior to owning Axl we had a black Chinese Pug, Angus, who we had to put to sleep almost a year ago after 15 years. We brought Axl into our home when he was 9 weeks old. Angus and Axl got along great.

Axl is a submissive and sometimes fearful dog. When we walk him he often has his tail in between his legs. We took him to obedience classes right away and he is a well behaved dog. I must confess though that we need to work on getting him to stop barking at people when they walk by our house.

I am hoping to learn a lot of this site to help in training our new pup and to help Axl to acclimate to her also.
karenbrugge
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Florida

Postby Tyner » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:30 am

To post a picture on this forum, there's a button on the very top of were you type, and it says img. Click that, and post the url in between the stuff it pops up. And to get a default pic, I had to take a pic and find a site to shrink it so it could fit. Hope that helps you!
Tyner
Newborn Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Welcome to you and your pups!!

I love Emily Larlham for training.

Here is her blog: http://clicktreat.blogspot.com/

And her YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/kikopup
I posted the Teach your dog Not to Bark video and Emily has tons more videos of how to train your dog in a positive way!
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Welcome to you and your pups! The links suggested above are a great place to start. Can't wait to see some pics :)

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Leslie H » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:16 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions