************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby Sapper » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi everyone. I'm currently living in Alaska, and I've owned a total of 5 pit bull type dogs, 4 APBT''s and an American Bulldog.
4 year old male American Bulldog. He might be an American Bulldog/APBT mix, those aren't normal bulldog colors. We've never really cared enough either way to check.
4 year old female APBT. We unfortunately had to find her a new home. She developed some pretty serious dog aggression, and we had 3 other dogs in the house.
7 year old female APBT. We got her from the shelter I was working at when she was about 4.
Sapper
Newborn Bully

Re: New member

Postby Leslie H » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi, can you tell us a little more about yourself, so you can be given access? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.

There are a few American Bulldogs that color. I'm not saying your dog is pure, but the color wouldn't persuade me one way or the other.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby Sapper » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:53 am

I'm 29, and my wife is in the Air Force. We've been in Alaska for about 3 months, and before that we were in Okinawa, Japan. That was were we got all three of the dogs in the pics. I got my first APBT for all the wrong reasons. I was young, and wanted a tough dog to make me look cool. What I got instead was a best friend that made me fall in love with the breed. Ever since then I've had nothing but pit bulls, and I'll never own a non pit bull type dog again.

I actually didn't know American Bulldogs could be that color. I really don't know a whole lot about them, it wasn't till about a year ago that we realized that Zeus wasn't an APBT. We thought he was just bigger than average, but he didn't have the temperament of one. He is dominate to the extreme, he has to sense that I'm angry for him to submit to me. He thinks the pecking order of the house is me and him equal, and everyone else below us. We are really lucky he doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body, cause if he did he would have to be in a single dog home. Any dog we've brought around him immediately submits to him, he doesn't even do the normal things to establish dominance.

Jasmine, the one with cropped ears, is somewhat dog aggressive. She's more dominate than aggressive, she'll try to tower over other dogs and growl to establish dominance, but it usually doesn't go any further than that. She did get into it with Hershey, the other one in the pics, but Hershey had problems with dog aggression in the past. Jasmine does hate cats, which works out great for me. I hate them, and while we have her my wife can't get one.

Other than those two, my wife also has a Dachshund, but I don't have pics of him. She wanted a smaller dog, and it's pretty much the only small dog we could find that was tough enough to not get hurt playing with the other two. I don't really like small dogs, but while I'm on the topic, Pocket Pits are adorable. That's probably the only smaller dog I'd ever want.

We got a weight pull harness for Jasmine right before we left, but we don't plan on competing at all with her. It's mostly to burn off all her energy, walks don't cut it. I don't know if any of you had heard about it, but a Marine unit in Okinawa was trying to make an APBT their official unit mascot. If you have, that was Jasmine. She spent the better part of two years running with them every morning. I'm getting old, and I'm out of shape, so I can't even try to keep up with her running. I'm hoping if I get a cart and put some weights in it for our walks that will tire her out.

I also have a pit bull blog, http://thefriendlypitbull.com/, that I started a few weeks ago. I have another blog and website, so it doesn't get updated as much as I'd like. But I try to do at least a post once a week if I have time.
Sapper
Newborn Bully

Postby Leslie H » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:05 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions