**1st time pitbull owner** Meet Bella!!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

**1st time pitbull owner** Meet Bella!!

Postby FlBoy352 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi guys, I'm Lee from Gainesville, FL, a 1st time pitbull owner. Never been around the breed, but have done soo much research to see why they are such a "bad dog", only to find that these dogs are loyal,gentle, and loving!! This is my 7 week old blue named Bella. Just wanted introduce myself and Bella. If anyone has ANY info on food, treats, shots, training, do's and dont's, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! U can even PM I take all info with love, show me some love!! Lol
P.S.- check out her nails, they are natural, I didn't paint them! I thought that was kinda cool!!
ImageImageImage
Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2
FlBoy352
Newborn Bully

Re: **1st time pitbull owner** Meet Bella!!

Postby AllisonPitbullLvr » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:14 am

Welcome! Bella is cute. Stick around and you can learn a ton.

Oh, and her nails look like that because they need a trim. :)
AllisonPitbullLvr
Regulator

Postby FlBoy352 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:05 am

Ohh okay, thanks. See I didn't know that! Is their a recommended time to get them cut? She's only 7 1/2 weeks old.

FlBoy352
Newborn Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:20 am

lol about the nails! (I'm not laughing at you in a mean way, just thought it was funny you thought she was born with a french manicure) Nail trims will need to be done at different times for different dogs-depending on how quickly they grow and how active they are. I think I have a diagram somewhere that shows how to and how short to cut the nails. I'll look it up for you.

I'm in Palm Bay Florida and used to drive over to Gainesville regularly to the university-my dogs were blood donors there. If you're interested in Bella becoming a donor let me know and I'll pass along the information. You'll obviously have to wait until she's a bit older but it's an awesome program with awesome people (and you get a ton of free stuff in return).
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby jamielvsaustin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:23 am

Hopefully the picture is big enough, if not I think you can click on it to make it a bit bigger.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby FlBoy352 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:06 am

Thanks for the info. I look into signing up Bella to be a blood donor in the near future.

FlBoy352
Newborn Bully

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:25 pm

What a cute lil pup!!

I'll share my favorite trainer Emily Larlham. She has this blog: http://clicktreat.blogspot.com/ and tons of positive training videos.

I really wish I could start all over from the beginning with my dogs and do it right. :thumbsup:
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby chinchi_&_chupa » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Also, you'll want to start getting her used to having her nails done pretty quickly. The more you do it, the more used to it she will get and will fight you less. You don't want to wait and have her turn into a spaz every time she needs a trim.
chinchi_&_chupa
Matured Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Welcome! Please read the Health and Training sections (Sticky's mostly) until you just can't read anymore...then come back and read some more :) There are tons of great info in those sections to get you started. After that, cruise on over to the General section for some more tips and such. She sure is cute as heck! I'm glad you're here and looking to do the best you can for your new addition.
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Leslie H » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:19 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions