Hello from Iowa!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Iowa!

Postby JDouglas » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:05 am

I live in central Iowa with my wife and two young children. I am a Radiologic Technologist and primarily do CT scans. I work weekend package which are great hours for a family and a new puppy. I grew up in a town of about 3000 people and a one of my friends grew up with pitbulls and I always liked them. Sadly, this town and county has made owning a pitbull "type" dog illegal. I remember my friends pitbulls being very friendly and playful outdoors but also very calm and loving while indoors. When I finished school and had my own place I got my first dog. He was an black Pug named Odie and he was a gift from my fiance. He was a great dog and lived with us for 13 years. Last year he passed away and after about six months we decided to get another dog.

A couple days later a friend posted a photo of her new puppy. She said it was "some kind of bulldog." She got the puppy from a very poor woman who just moved here from South Carolina. I called her and found out that the mother was an Olde English Bulldogge so I went to take a look at the puppies. I was amazed at how different and unique each of the 11 puppies looked. Their were tri-colors, solid brindles, brindle and white, and red and white brindles. Some had a lot of wrinkles with shorter muzzles and others had longer muzzles and looked just like pitbull puppies. Some even had longer or shorter ears. I didn't get to see the father but the lady swore he was also an Olde English Bulldogge but the puppies were not papered. It didn't matter to me. We chose a female that was red brindle and white with a patch over her eye. I tried to pick one that was not to hyper but not too lethargic or fearful. We named her Cookie.

After talking with the owner she told me about how she had to leave SC with her four small children and the dog. The puppies were born in the back of a pick up along the interstate. She had 11 and couldn't keep any. Without papers they weren't selling very fast so she was starting to give them away. I was happy to take one off her hands and give her $200. I called my brother and he also took one for $200, a male he named Toby.

I know they are not pitbulls and since I don't have papers I can't really call them Olde English Bulldogs. They are probably a mix but they are great dogs so far.
JDouglas
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Iowa!

Postby JDouglas » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:47 am

More photos...

She has a interesting pattern in her red color. It looks like tiger stripe in the sunlight and she has some dark brindle in their in places too...

I will try to get another photo of Toby too. He is growing fast and has huge feet.
JDouglas
Newborn Bully

Postby JDouglas » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:48 am

This pic is too big to post so here is a link...

http://home.mchsi.com/~jadouglas/images/cookie.jpg
JDouglas
Newborn Bully

Postby Odnarb » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:44 pm

Welcome from another Iowan! Hopefully another mod with a computer will come and approve you soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Odnarb
Regulator

Postby Leslie H » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:59 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions