Help identifying bite mark

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Help identifying bite mark

Postby biteanalysis » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Hello, I guess I have to post here first, I hope it's okay that I'm asking in this forum

My friend brought his Chihuahua over to my house last night. We had a few people over and I fell asleep before he left and this morning he called me saying his dog is paralyzed. It had been bitten. I met him at a vet and took a picture of it.

Now I have a beautiful brindle-colored pitbull, she's the sweetest thing.As far as we can all remember -- about 5 people all confirmed that we never saw the dogs together the entire night (we had them separated with the pitbull in the house and the Chihuahua in the back yard).

I guess for my peace of mind I wanted to ask here if anyone had any ideas what could have happened? I think it may have been a possum or raccoon attack as I have pretty tall concrete fences and they can climb things and I have seen one in my tree before. (I do live in southern california near LA so there aren't too many wild animals around here)

Here is a picture of his dog:

I couldn't take a picture of her other side because the doctor said her spine is snapped and to turn her over could hurt her worse.
biteanalysis
Newborn Bully

Re: Help identifying bite mark

Postby biteanalysis » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:53 pm

I can't figure out how to edit my post.. In case it's easier to see here is a direct link to the picture:
http://i.imgur.com/zNfRA.jpg
biteanalysis
Newborn Bully

Re: Help identifying bite mark

Postby Leslie H » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:28 pm

I'm sorry, are you trying to join the forum? If so, you'll have to tell us a little bit about yourself. There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.
If you're just looking for info on the poor chi's bite, I don't think anyone can help you. From the photo, it doesn't even really look like a bite. Assuming it is a bite, which makes sense, I think the vet would be the one best equipped to offer an opinion on the source.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions