New member :)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New member :)

Postby tasrydinlow » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:46 pm

Hello everyone!
My name is Teresa, live in Southern Maryland. I have had many different types of dogs and other animals throughout my life. I had a young couple that was renting ask if they could get a 2nd dog, puppy from the farmers market. My love for animals I asked how much (very cheap) and would they pick me one out too! Not thinking to ask the bread; they did. What they brought home for me was this little black and white cute puppy, but I could tell it was a type I had never had before and had heard a lot of bad things about. I was a little uncertain of this cute lil guy I named Scooter. First couple of nights I would lay awake with one I opened just waiting for this little 9 week old puppy to mull me while I tried to sleep. 5 years later I still snicker at myself for that. Not only is he the most loving, kind, gives the best kisses and hugs!! he is also sensitive to when I'm feeling down and will come and cheer me up. He is my rescuer, my hero. I was newly divorced at the time he came into my life, since then he has been there for me as I went through 1 fiancé’s death from liver disease and then another death of a boyfriend who was killed while we were riding our motorcycles. I didn't think I could take care of him let alone myself during the aftermath of the accident. I came so close to giving him away to a family member out of state. I just couldn't find it in my heart to do it and now I know why, he kept me going. Since then, we have gotten another pit, she is a red nose name Ginger, she will be a year old in Feb of 2013. Oh how they love each other!! I have had both fixed, with all the laws and bad rap on the Pit, I don't believe in breeding them (that's just me). There are too many homeless ones that need someone to love them. Maryland has made it so hard for owners of Pits. We are hoping to move but not sure if our 2 babies will be allowed. If not, we will keep looking. I will not get rid of my family members because of "lack of knowledge" by some law makers. I also lacked the knowledge till I owned one! I hope that others that don't know Pits don't wait to own one. I hope they will learn through awareness and owners like you and myself teaching the difference.

P.S. Gotta fig out how to post pics!
tasrydinlow
Newborn Bully

Re: New member :)

Postby Apbt4life » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:54 pm

welcome good to have you :), thanks for sharing your story.
Apbt4life
Matured Bully

Re: New member :)

Postby Leslie H » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:11 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions