Hello from Northern California

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Northern California

Postby Boo8mymoney » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:31 pm

Hello everyone and here is my into :-)

My son and I were rescued by a 8 month old pit bull named Boo 4 weeks ago today. We took her in on a trial only...but after 3 days of unconditional love and endless kisses... We both knew she wasn't gonna go anywhere. She was HOME!!!

Boo was abandoned in a car with another dog named Buddy. Buddy and Boo were rescued by my neighbor's friend. My neighbor ended up taking Buddy. I was not sure if I wanted a dog and the responsibility. As it is I was a single mom, finishing my education, had a horse that still needs my attention and a 16 year old teen. I found myself alone most of the time when I was home and it was taking a toll on me. I decided to ask about Boo. With in a few hours... She was here!

In the last 4 weeks, she has put on some weight and muscle and now weighs 47lbs! her shots are getting (re)done, she was spayed by the original rescuer cause there was a couple of people that wanted to breed Boo and she was worried that they would take/steal Boo and breed her. So.. no babies for BOO!!!!! Boo and I start obedience training next week although she knows all the basics already. I taught her the basics within a few days of her being with us. She is one of the smartest dogs I have ever come across....even past the herding breeds LOL

I am hoping during her training we will find a sport she will excel in. My son and I would like to compete with her :-)

I am looking forward to meet everyone and reading about your dogs.
BTW... Boo is our first Pitbull and so far.. I don't think we will own any other breed! :-)
Boo8mymoney
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Northern California

Postby Celesteandthebullies » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:21 pm

Hey!!! A local! That's a first =]

I'm from Anderson. :)

How does she like the water? I know it's cold and wet right now (Although today is quite nice!) but try and get her used to water and very toy focused. Have one special toy that she only gets when you're playing with her and it doesn't come out otherwise, because the big sport up here is dock jumping. :)

There's also some lure coursing up here but it's not really for other breeds outside of sighthounds. However down by Sac there's a few all breed groups who race and compete.

There's a few agility groups up here as well, and some bitesports. However bitesports are for very experienced and very serious folk as you've got to go about it the right way.

Do you happen to know one of my training buddies in Red Bluff? His name is Gary Watts, trains for all sorts of things, including tracking (that may be something to look into with her), basic obedience, getting them used to public settings, and a lot more.

Thank you for rescuing that little girl, I'm sure she's grateful to have a place to call home. :)

But yeah.. I can tell you about the sports up here
Celesteandthebullies
Addicted to PBF

Re: Hello from Northern California

Postby Leslie H » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:15 pm

:modwelcomeonly2:
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions