Hello from L.A. California

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from L.A. California

Postby Mr.Toad » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi all.

I'm near Los Angeles, in Ventura County, and am the happy owner of a rescued Pit named Walter. He's two years old and I rescued him from a high-kill shelter in Camarillo a year ago. He was on death row, as he'd been hit by a car and had a fairly bad injury to a front leg. The owners apparently didn't have the funds for vet care. Here's what he looked like at the pound.

My previous dog, another Pit, had just died at the age of 11, and I figured that my best tribute for my old friend was to rescue another. So off I went to the shelter, armed with a list of dogs in danger I'd received from some great people running a local rescue http://allforloveanimalrescue.org.

Walter soon settled in, and has become a great dog. He's a Pit Bull ambassador at my local dog park; people nervous about Pits have met Walter, and he's very friendly to everyone, other dogs and humans. Here he is today:

Mr.Toad
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from L.A. California

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Hi there! :welcome: Thank you for adopting and giving him a chance he probably wouldn't have got in life. He's gorgeous :inlove:

Please take a moment to read the below link on Dog Parks, as well as all stickies at the tops of the each section before posting.

Dog Park Sticky - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50274

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions