Hello from Arkansas

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Arkansas

Postby Lucky_072508 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:32 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Jen! I am 23 years old. I have never owned a pit bull due to my parents being completely against the breed. I have always wanted one tho. Right now I have 2 dogs (a pug and a chihuahua/pomeranian mix), 2 cats, 2 goats, 1 horse, 1 rabbit, and 4 mice.
I am hoping to move out of my parents' house and into my boyfriend's house in the somewhat near future. I am going to be leaving both of my dogs with my parents because the pug sleeps with them and she would choose them over me everytime. My other dog likes me best but he is older and has potty troubles so he needs someone home to let him out several times a day (neither of my parents work). The cats are also staying with my parents.
There is a pit bull next door to the farm where I board my horse and he is ALWAYS on a short chain outside, by himself. He is quite skinny and the house is falling apart. Once I have my own place, my boyfriend and I would like to go to that house and offer cash for him so we can give him a better life with toys and human interaction. If for some reason they don't agree then I would like to go to a shelter and get an older pit bull. I've told my parents about my plan and they have said they don't want anything to do with any future pits of mine, but i'm hoping that once they see what pit bulls are really like then they will change their minds. Apparently they don't like pits because my uncle had one that was really mean and wound up eating her own puppy.
Anyway, that's enough about me. I just wanted to tell ya'll a little bit about me!
Lucky_072508
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Arkansas

Postby Curly_07 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:30 pm

Hello, and welcome! Please read all you can here, especially the stickies at the tops of each section. I think it is great you are looking to take this dog in and show him what a real family home life is like, and if you aren't able to adoption is also a great way to go! One of my dogs is a senior pit bull that I adopted, and I couldn't have asked for a better companion. As for your parents, be patient. My mom was scared to death of pit bulls and thought my youngest would surely eat me in my sleep. Since she met her 5 years ago, she has completely fallen for the breed and calls my 2 girls her "grand-babies". Some people will never come around, regardless if your dog is the most well behaved dog they've ever met, but there are many that will come around!

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions