Introducing our brindle boy, Buddy

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Introducing our brindle boy, Buddy

Postby LiquidArrogance » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:19 pm

Howdy.

One morning last September my wife and I woke up to hear a dog crying outside. We saw that he had been abandoned in a utility lot adjacent to our home. He was tied to a fence with a belt that was so short he couldn’t lie down. My wife was on her way to school and after she left I called animal control. The dog continued to cry and I went to take him some water. I was apprehensive since he was a pit bull – the most dangerous dogs on the planet as far as I knew. When I set the water down he was more concerned with licking my hands than getting a drink. I decided to bring him into our yard while I waited for animal control. I came into the house and was reading about pit bulls on the internet – learning how misunderstood they are. I called a few shelters around town to find a home for him. We live in a rental house and are not allowed to have pets. While I didn’t find a home I did learn that because of his breed he would probably be put down if animal control picked him up. I posted a few pictures of him on Facebook to try and find someone to adopt him. I went back outside with him and started tossing around an old baseball for him. All it took was a few rounds of fetch to fall in love with him. I called animal control and cancelled the pickup request.

Our landlord agreed to let us keep him and now we can’t imagine life without him. He has proven to be the sweetest, most loyal and loving dog we’ve ever known. Even in our tiny 480-square-foot house he gets a bed in the living room to sleep at night and to hang out with us during the day (though he still gets a big yard to play in). He is extremely smart, well-behaved, and eager to please when it comes to working and training. He loves to play fetch and will literally run until he collapses only to get up five minutes later to bring you a ball – ready for more.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/zrsgISzoUyg[/youtube]

LiquidArrogance
Newborn Bully

Re: Introducing our brindle boy, Buddy

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:18 pm

Glad you were able to keep him and are being a responsible owner! You seem like you would fit in great around here. He sure is handsome :inlove:

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions