Hi! Just got my first Pit X puppy

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi! Just got my first Pit X puppy

Postby Gsddiver » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:07 pm

Hi, I just got my first pit puppy. I don't know exactly what "Pit" breed she is... The rescue said she was a pit/boxer cross. I'm thinking I'm going to call her Luxe. It seems like a fancy girly name but also a strong name needed for a pitty. I work full time in tech support but I live less then 5 mins from my apartment so I can take her out and feed her 3 times a day. I've looked into these puppies for over a year before I decided to get one. I knew I had to have a puppy because I'm still a little worried about the history of an adult dog. Maybe after I've had her for a while and get more used to the breed I'll look into rescuing an older, harder to place dog. She's about 8 weeks old. I just got her yesterday. Is that too young for me to take her home? I assumed since she came from a decent rescue it would be ok. She's not fixed yet but I will take her back to the rescue to do that in the next month.

Here's a cute picture of her from this morning.

Gsddiver
Newborn Bully

Re: Hi! Just got my first Pit X puppy

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi there! Thank you for adopting! She sure is cute from what I can see lol

As for her age, I've worked with many rescues, and adoption at 8 weeks is common, but not prior to that. This is because pups need to be with their litter up til atleast 8 weeks for valuable socializations. All rescues I've worked with also place the dog after they are fixed, and this can be done on a rescue dog from 8 weeks or older.

I'm glad you are here to learn, and possibly open to a senior dog later. I too started like you with a pup first, then 2 yrs ago adopted a senior. Adult dogs are great because what you see is what you get. They are already matured, and can still learn new things! I love my senior, and will do it again when she is no longer here. I hope you enjoy it here, we would love to watch your new addition grow :)

I'll approve you for full posting once I'm at my computer.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Re: Hi! Just got my first Pit X puppy

Postby Curly_07 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:08 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions