Hello from Los Angeles

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Los Angeles

Postby R_peloquin » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:12 am

Hi all,

My name is Rebecca, I am a 27 year old single artist living and working in Los Angeles. I grew up exclusively with cats, turtles and the occasional ill-fated goldfish but always had a fascination with pit bulls and knew one would be the dog for me once the time came. While they are obviously gorgeous dogs, (and I for sure want the best looking girl on the block ;) ) , I admire their charisma in the face of such a negative reputation, and hope to raise a great, happy, cuddle monster breed ambassador.

Zuzu aka "Baby Z" is my first dog (so I can use tons of advice!!) and she came to me via the West LA animal shelter. It seems she was dropped off around 4ish wks of age with her brother, minus any other litter mates and no mom to speak of. She was fostered until 8 wks by an amazing volunteer who helped facilitate the process of me adopting her. After lots of research, incredible amounts of puppy proofing, toy hunting and some sleepless nights I picked her up bright and early the very first day I had a chance and we have had a great month together so far. Baby Z is about 12 weeks old now, has had all her puppy shots and enjoys going for mini-hikes and trips to the dog park. She is looking forward to puppy school next week!

(after a run in with a chihuahua..they are scary...)

(Baby Z's famous crazy face)

I am interested in reading and chatting about anything having to do with puppy training, teething/nipping help, obedience,
and totally down for puppy/dog events!

I am also a mixed media artist specializing in photography, illustration and design. Examples of my work can be seen at http://www.RebeccaPeloquin.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers!

RP
R_peloquin
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Los Angeles

Postby MarMar » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:44 am

She is super adorable! So happy to hear you adopted her :)
MarMar
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jamielvsaustin » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:55 am

Hi Rebecca! :welcome: You might be interested in these links:
Dog park
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50274

Developmental stages of puppies
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=139802

Bad rap website for training and resources
http://www.badrap.org/training-resources

Dr. Sophia Yin’s website for training and resources-this lady is pretty freaking awesome, and recommended often here!
http://drsophiayin.com/resources
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby bully480 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:52 pm

What a pretty little girl, we also live in the LA area what dog parks are you taking her to? Do you see an other pitties there?
bully480
Newborn Bully

Postby R_peloquin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:46 am

Thanks so much for the suggestions!

So far we have been spending a lot of time in the "small" dog park at the Silverlake dog park. We tried the "big" dog section but Zuzu got a little too scared. She also is a big fan of Runyon Canyon and I'm hoping to take her to Griffith park soon...I see a lot of very well behaved pits on the "big dog" side and have seen quite a few on Runyon. She hasn't had a problem with any pits, but got pretty spooked by a chocolate lab...and Chihuahuas of course!
R_peloquin
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:16 am

Please be sure to read the Dog Park sticky at the top of the General section.

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions