Newbie from SoCal

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Newbie from SoCal

Postby SophiesMom » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi all, just signed up for this site. My name is Donna. I live in the San Diego area. I am married and have a 21 year old son. We also have a 9 month old APBT (Sophie), a 5 year old cat, and several snakes. My husband and I belong to another forum for our snakes and it has been a great reference - so I thought I'd sign up for this one as well. Knowledge is a good thing. Although Sophie is our first, I have always been partial to pitbulls. I guess I have always been partial to the animals that are misunderstood - pitties, snakes, etc. I think they get a bad rap -- and it makes me sad.

Anywho, after many years of following a San Diego area pitbull rescue group, and pointing out all of the beautiful pitties available for adoption to my husband, he finally caved. Hubby wanted a beagle - my son and I wanted a pitbull. We won!! :) Due to the strict rules of our local rescue, we were not able to adopt a puppy (my husband was adamant that we had to get a puppy). A friend told me about a friend of a friend who had pitbull puppies available for adoption. We immediately contacted them and fell in love with all 11 of them. It was a really tough decision, but we finally decided Sophie was our girl. Sophie is the smartest, funniest, snuggliest dog I have ever had! We feel very blessed to have her as a part of our family!! Below are a some pics of our precious girl…

Photo of Sophie the first night home

Just hanging out

Cooling her tootsies in the pool

SophiesMom
Newborn Bully

Re: Newbie from SoCal

Postby OffRoad » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:37 pm

What a big difference from the first photo to the second photo where its obvious how confident and happy she is. In the first photo she looks like "is it okay I'm here", and in the second photo she is "this is my home". She is a beautiful girl! God bless you, your family, and your puppy. I hope you enjoy many happy loving moments.
OffRoad
Newborn Bully

Re: Newbie from SoCal

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:51 pm

:welcome: Thank you for the intro. Please be sure to read all stickies at the tops of each section prior to posting elsewhere.

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions