Hello.. from Adriana

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello.. from Adriana

Postby adrita015 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:08 pm

Hello.. Just wanted to introduce myself. I have two pitbulls (one pit mix and one American pitbull). They are both rescues. Both are male and they both have about 10 months. I adopted my first pitbull when he was about 4 months and he always seem to be very interested in playing with other dogs so I went ahead and adopted Charlie. They love each other and really enjoy each other company. They have been playing really rough with each other so i started doing some research online on having two pitbulls and how they interact. Every page I go talks about how is not a good idea to own two pitbulls in the same household. How they do not need another dog company. How they can never be left alone if not crated and how at some point when they become adults they could turn to each other.

I love them both and I will do all I can to make sure they are safe around each other. But I wanted to know if anyone can share good experiences with owing two or more pitbulls. All I see is bad stories from people that have to break fights every day. Just wondering if there are any success stories on multi-pitbull homes?

Thanks!
Adriana
adrita015
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello.. from Adriana

Postby Curly_07 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:04 pm

:welcome: Many of us here have multi dog/multi pit bull homes :) To answer your questions though, there are a few threads on the forum about this, as many people come here with these same questions/concerns. There's a recent thread a few down on this Intro page talking about it in pretty good detail if you'd like to check it out: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=156371

Can you tell us a little about your self so that I can give you full access to search the forum, post, and ask questions?
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby adrita015 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:31 pm

Thank you for the response.. I am wife and mother of a 3 year old boy and have two step kids (7 and 9). I work full time as a Marketing manager. I have always have dogs but when I moved out of my house my dog stood home. So finally after my son turned three, my husband and I decided to get a dog. We went to the local shelter and adopted Chico. The description at the shelter indicated he was a Bernese Mountain dog (because of the coloring). After we took him to the vet, they said he was a pitbull mix. As many other people that does not know the breed, I was concerned about owning a Pitbull. But I did some investigation and starting judging my dog based on his own personality.. It did not take long to fall in love my Chico and to love the breed. Because of the research I conducted I realized that there are many pitbulls being euthanized. I started following many rescues on facebook and got heartbroken with all the dogs that needed help. After a few months, we adopted another dog. We went to the shelter and just felt in love with Charlie. He was a 10 month old (or around that age) pitbull, very sweet, playful, etc. He was very skinny, had mange and was not taken care of in his previous live. We adopted him and he has done great with Chico. They love each other, and are great family pets.

I hope that this will stay the same forever, but because of the breed - I also know that i must ensure their safety is priority. So I crate them when alone. I try to discipline the dogs (and my kids on how to play with them).

I hope I can get full access to the site, as I am eager to learn more and also share my Chicos and Charlies adventures.. I am now a pitbull advocate. I try to educate others about the breed. I struggle constantly with bad comments from friends and their concerns of me owning two pitbulls and having kids around them.

honestly I did not know so much about dog aggression before I got Charlie..I always researched about having pitbulls, etc.. but because I only had one - i did not research about multi-pitbull household. Reality is, I have two now. And I love them both. I am committed to making this work and look forward to learning and sharing experiences with other pitbull owners.

Thanks!
adrita015
Newborn Bully

Postby adrita015 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:37 pm

Curly.. I would also like to update my avatar picture and add pictures to my posts.. but I dont know how to resize my pics. It seems they are all too large and the system wont allow the upload

Let me know :-)
Thanks!
adrita015
Newborn Bully

Postby Curly_07 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:23 pm

Thank you for the intro! You will be approved soon, but we are all volunteers so it may take a few hours before one of us can get to a computer :)

As for pics, there is a thread at the top area of intro on how to post pics. I use either Photobucket or Tapatalk. For the avatar, I like to use websites that resize it for you. If you google "avatar resize for forums" you'll see a few free ones that will shrink the pic down for you. Hope that helps! :)

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
Curly_07
Regulator

Postby Novy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:33 pm

adrita015 wrote:Curly.. I would also like to update my avatar picture and add pictures to my posts.. but I dont know how to resize my pics. It seems they are all too large and the system wont allow the upload

Let me know :-)
Thanks!

If you are using windows (particularly the newer versions), you can right click on the image and click "resize image" to bring it down to the required size. If you don't already have the program, I think it is called "windows picture resizer". Very basic and easy to use.
Novy
Newborn Bully

Postby adrita015 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Thank you both! Im using a Mac but I already figure out how to post pictures and I will look into the thread for resizing the avatar pic :)
adrita015
Newborn Bully

Postby adrita015 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:16 am

adrita015
Newborn Bully

Postby CallSignOWL » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:36 am

hi there! :hi
CallSignOWL
Adolescent Bully