Hi from Oregon

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi from Oregon

Postby Mom to 5 dogs » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:06 am

Hi

My name is Beth.
I live in a small town not far from Portland Oregon.
I have had dogs all my life. And loved all breeds of dogs about as long-much to my parents dismay, as I would bring dogs home with me-lol

I have had everything from Doxies, Rotties, mixes, aussies...
I somehow got into Italian Greyhounds-thanks to an ex...and ended up getting into IG rescue for several years.
As I'm single, I also wanted a larger dog to take camping and hiking, so adopted a Staffie from a wonderful local rescue group 4 years ago.

I have since moved into a larger home with a huge back yard, and felt a strong need to adopt another pit type dog.

I have to take great care in what dog I bring into my dog family, as I still have 3 IGs, and have taken on 2 rescue cats.

Last weekend I adopted a handsome boy that was brought to Oregon by a rescue from Cali, where he had been picked up as a stray, and was on death row.

He is fantastic, even tho he has KC, and is thin(and yes, he has been to my vet)...but he is now loved, and as soon as he is feeling better, will be ready for adventures.

Here is Rico

This is Chloe

This was my wow pic of all 5 together-hehe
My little girls are from left-
Pixie, Lydia and Violet.
Mom to 5 dogs
Newborn Bully

Re: Hi from Oregon

Postby CallSignOWL » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:35 am

hi! :hi
CallSignOWL
Adolescent Bully

Re: Hi from Oregon

Postby Leslie H » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:53 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Cute family, though personally I don't think I'd risk having so new a rescue so close to my other dogs yet. You might find the 2 week give them a break sticky in the training forum helpful. Thanks for rescuing.
Leslie H
Regulator

Return to Introductions