Hello from Florida!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Florida!

Postby david717 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:07 am

Hi everyone, I'm David a 20 y/o male. I'm the owner of a young APBT pup named Goliath whose about 10 weeks now.

I'm from Gainesville, FL where I've been my entire life. I work as a CphT in a local chain pharmacy.

Goliath will be my first dog related to the pit bull breeds. Before him came my childhood dog "Gus" a lab/chow mix who passed away at 15 years several years ago.

Goliath's hobbies include mainly chewing, jumping, and dumping. So far he's not a fan of walks that take him away from home. It's only when we turn around to head back to the front door he gets excited.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
david717
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello from Florida!

Postby jamielvsaustin » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi! I'm in Florida too-Brevard County. We used to take our dogs over to the university in Gainesville every couple of weeks so the could give blood there. They offered us a ton of stuff in return-food,treats,flea and heartworm medicine, a toy AND if we'd lived closer we could have also gotten their immunization a for free as well as access to bags of blood should their ever be a need for it. Right now I'm pretty sure Goliath is too young. There are other (reasonable) requirements too...but totally worth it if you're interested. It was about an 8 hour day for us when we would go. 3 hours driving out, 2 hours hanging out (most people drop their dogs off because they live locally) and then 3 hours driving back. A lot of people thought we were crazy for dog it but all the stuff we got (even just the medicine) was really worth it.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby david717 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:09 pm

I am definitely going to look into that! Thanks a lot for that information. I'm actually really big on donating blood myself, so I'd be extremely excited if Goliath took to it well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
david717
Newborn Bully

Postby jamielvsaustin » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 pm

When they take the blood they take it from the neck...maybe for now you could work with him on the trick "roll over" or in this case "side". One of our dogs was really good at this and the other had to be taught it along the way.
jamielvsaustin
Regulator

Postby Melody » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:59 pm

Welcome! One of my best friends runs a doggy daycare/boarding/training and awesome rescue organization in Gainesville. The area is amazing! :)
Melody
Forum Junky

Postby Curly_07 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:01 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:
Curly_07
Regulator

Return to Introductions